INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view feature request: show clock/time everywhere  (Read 1405 times)

CadErik

• World Citizen
Theater view feature request: show clock/time everywhere
« on: March 21, 2009, 09:35:38 pm »

I just looked at the new hairstyle skin and WOW that's really really slick!
One feature I miss from the "old" theater views, is the time being displayed on each menu.
At dinner time, MC time's is the only one available and since it is gone, our little one doesn't go to bed at regular time anymore  :P
Please, a clock on the top left or top right on every menu!

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater view feature request: show clock/time everywhere
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:03:25 pm »

Depending on how adventurous you are, you can edit the skin's xml to do this. There's a few posts on the topic if you search.

I agree however that this would be good for all skins by default.

The other thing I think it's finally time for (pardon the pun) is the date - maybe not on every screen but at least on the home screen. It's just as important to know the date especially when you're trying to navigate certain playlists and recorded television shows.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:03:49 am »

I agree with this, but I also want it to be on the OSD, so that while in Display View, one can press the down arrow key and eventually come to time. It'll be more used than, say, hue or brightness, I bet. There are many times when we have the lights dimmed to watch a movie and we'd like to know the time.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:16:15 am »

I agree with this, but I also want it to be on the OSD, so that while in Display View, one can press the down arrow key and eventually come to time. It'll be more used than, say, hue or brightness, I bet. There are many times when we have the lights dimmed to watch a movie and we'd like to know the time.

Fully agree! This would be great.

I had a look at the XML for the themes - it's no-how straightforward...
Pages: [1]   Go Up