INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art issue  (Read 1507 times)

mlagase

• World Citizen
Cover Art issue
« on: November 09, 2008, 06:06:16 am »

I have many albums that run across 2 CD's and have some strange behaviour when attempting to update cover art for those CD's. Let's say I have the following

Artist -Album - CD1
Artist -Album - CD2

MC shows 2 distinct stacked views for each which is expected. So off I go to update cover art for the first CD. In this instance, I was doing an Album Art search on the web and copying that data to the clipboard for CD1. If I then copy the cover art from CD1 and attempt to paste it to the second album, any cover art that I have there turns white, thus removing any cover art that was there previously. I thought it was a one shot deal, but this happens acrros multiple CD's. I couldn't find any way to fix this within MC as I tried removing the cover art (both within MC and in the cover art location), pasting it again to no avail.

The only way I can fix this is to then copy/paste from a website again and then it appears to update the cover art once again.

Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

Mike

toeknee

• Recent member
Re: Cover Art issue
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 09:42:26 am »

This has been reported elsewhere in versions 13.0.69 and 13.0.71
I went back to 13.0.62 for the moment until fixed

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 11:18:39 am »

Coming soon:
Fixed: Pasting DIB images from the clipboard could result in an all white image. (only affects last few builds)

As a sidenote, pasting from a URL when possible will give better quality than pasting from an image since it won't have to be re-saved as a JPEG. 

You can also use the new Link Bar "Images", and when you click an image, it will offer to use the clicked art as the album art for the selected files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 05:19:23 am »

The link bar images is fine as long as you know that the link you are clicking on is the true image you are looking for and not some javascript encoded URL. I've tried to use this a couple of times, but find it easier with the copy to clipboard feature.

I must be missing something as this doesn't really work right for me unfortunately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up