INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: undesired Date issue  (Read 1961 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
undesired Date issue
« on: November 12, 2008, 02:13:36 am »

I am going through labeling all my TV shows 'Date' Field as the Original Air Date. When I run into a show aired on New Year's Day (in this case, 1/1/2007) and I type that in, MC automatically changes it to just "2007" for the date. Is there no way for it to keep 1/1/2007?

PDP8User

• Recent member
  • I may be old but I don't remember being senile
Re: undesired Date issue
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 04:31:37 am »

It (MC 13.00.69) does the same for my podcasts that happen to have 1-Jan as their date. If you put something (not zero) in the "time" part of the date, it shows properly...
Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:51:38 pm »

In a coming build of Media Center 13:

Changed: The date January 1 will no longer be shown as a year-only date when edited by hand to a date like 1/1/2008.
Changed: Likewise, the time of midnight (12:00 am) will no longer be changed to a date-only date when edited by hand to a date like 11/12/2008 12:00am.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 04:53:59 pm »

Sounds like a good idea...

Does this mean the internal date field is stored differently or are you just changing what MC shows the user?
If I only enter 1990 into the date field, how is it stored? Is it still in the "x" number of seconds since.... form? Is it the same as 12:00am Jan 1 1990?

The whole date convention has always confused me a little bit...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 04:59:41 pm »

Sounds like a good idea...

Does this mean the internal date field is stored differently or are you just changing what MC shows the user?
If I only enter 1990 into the date field, how is it stored? Is it still in the "x" number of seconds since.... form? Is it the same as 12:00am Jan 1 1990?

The whole date convention has always confused me a little bit...

Dates are stored as a decimal number of days past 1900.  The fraction is the time.

The display changes between year-only, date-and-year, and time-date-and-year based on the decimal number.  Normally "January 1" would be shown as year-only, but we added some special time values (fractions of a second) to denote "January 1 -- but still show the user".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 07:43:39 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up Matt.
I like this change - it works well not just for release dates and the like, but also for old photos when you know some parameters but not others...
Pages: [1]   Go Up