Devices > Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod, Airplay

Ipod nano 3rd gen not sync with free version

<< < (3/3)

simoncs:
have tried other ports and two cables
it registers as a drive in explorer - also asks if i want to format it - so cancel that

it appears as a drive in the devices area of MC13 as well but won't detect as an ipod on clicking on sync handheld or if i goto options - redetect all devices
i can't add it as a device as it asks me to reformat the drive - which i imagine i shouldn't be doing.

Matt:

--- Quote from: simoncs on November 18, 2008, 01:07:21 pm ---have tried other ports and two cables
it registers as a drive in explorer - also asks if i want to format it - so cancel that

it appears as a drive in the devices area of MC13 as well but won't detect as an ipod on clicking on sync handheld or if i goto options - redetect all devices
i can't add it as a device as it asks me to reformat the drive - which i imagine i shouldn't be doing.

--- End quote ---

I've never heard of this before.  Is it possible you need to format it or get a driver since Explorer is asking about formatting?

You could also try iTunes to see if it sees it.  It's possible it would install a driver after which it'd work in both programs.

Sorry I'm not more help here.

simoncs:
ah that was the reason
the ipod needed to be sync'd with itunes first so that it could convert it from a mac setup to a windows version

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version