INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio 500 plug still needs work  (Read 828 times)

nivw

Rio 500 plug still needs work
« on: July 23, 2002, 07:59:10 pm »

-If I had some songs in the internal memory, and I format it, After the format, MJB crashs.
- How may I tell MJB to upload the files to the external memory card?
- When I select some ogg files and send them to the my rio, I get a massage saying that it doesn't support the format. But I've already taged the convert option to mp3?
- Here is another problem, the only way to ask MJB to convert the songs to a selected format is by choosing that format to be uploaded, so I won't get that messege "Your player doesn't support that format"

- I also got a blue screen on the account of usbrio.sys, cause the battary dried up.

I already know that you pay great attention to your users,
Thanks for doing so,
Niv

nivw

RE:Rio 500 plug still needs work
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 08:08:42 pm »

- more crashes if the internal memory doesn't have a sub-folder

nivw

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 05:54:59 am »

Just found this wonderfull tool for my rio: dBpowerAMP By Sveta portable audio.

Instead of putting up this list of features it has, I ask the MJB developers to take a look at this program and try to give us the same easy of sending songs to our portable.
I mean the ease of going throgh the songs folders, chooshing some Ogg songs and sending them to be converted and uploaded to either internal/ext OR combined memory. Only two folders are created after formating: an internal folder and an external one.
It converts fast and also upload it fast. no crashs if u take out the cable while it transfers, just a nice worhing.

Please please,
OK?
Niv

Steve

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 06:19:05 am »

Nivw,

-If I had some songs in the internal memory, and I format it, After the format, MJB crashs.

* I cannot duplicate this on Windows 2000 with Plug-in version 3.0.11. Assuming you have version 3.0.11 installed, the most likely cause of this is a case of having incompatible drivers installed from one of the other applications you are running.  You could try uninstalling the MJ Plugin and then follow the instructions at
http://www.riohome.com/support/rio/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Legacy_Rio&item=faqs&product=Rio_500_PC#20399

After a reboot, reinstall the Plugin and you should get the correct drivers installed. You may also need to uninstall the other applications.

- How may I tell MJB to upload the files to the external memory card?

* Drag the files to the appropriate folder on the External Memory.

- When I select some ogg files and send them to the my rio, I get a massage saying that it doesn't support the format. But I've already taged the convert option to mp3?

- Here is another problem, the only way to ask MJB to convert the songs to a selected format is by choosing that format to be uploaded, so I won't get that messege "Your player doesn't support that format"

* These got mistakenly changed a few builds ago. This will be fixed in the next build.

- I also got a blue screen on the account of usbrio.sys, cause the battary dried up.

* Usbrio.sys is not our file. If MJ crashes as the result of your player shutting down, this should not happen. What did you do immediately prior to the crash (i.e. select an item on the tree)

- more crashes if the internal memory doesn't have a sub-folder

* I cannot duplicate this, I think this is also a driver problem like the first one described above.

-Just found this wonderfull tool for my rio....

* I will take a look at this. However once we fix the conversion stuff you mention above many of things you request will already work. The formatting suggestion already works this way if the correct drivers are installed.

Feel free to email me directly at steve @ jriver.com if you need further assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up