INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't import lame 3.97 mp3 encoder dll  (Read 2022 times)

Jim HTPC

• Recent member
Can't import lame 3.97 mp3 encoder dll
« on: November 21, 2008, 05:13:52 pm »

I found that LAME 3.97 is the closest to CD Quality.  It looks like MC13 is using a newer version that is terrible.  How can I import my preferred MP3 encoder?  If I select just the DLL it gives an error message.  If I just copy over the existing one, it gives an error when ripping about re-installing.

Please allow us to chose the MP3 encoder of our choice.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can't import lame 3.97 mp3 encoder dll
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:09:39 pm »

I found that LAME 3.97 is the closest to CD Quality.  It looks like MC13 is using a newer version that is terrible.  How can I import my preferred MP3 encoder?  If I select just the DLL it gives an error message.  If I just copy over the existing one, it gives an error when ripping about re-installing.

Please allow us to chose the MP3 encoder of our choice.

Thanks.

You can place any Lame.exe in the plugins folder.

Media Center uses the version widely accepted as the best.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jim HTPC

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 06:45:12 pm »

Doesn't work for me.  Copied both the lame_en.dll and lame.exe in the plugins folder.  The format website is also broken for mp3.

I 3.98 doesn't sound the same as the CD.  3.97 is a lot closer.    Please elaborate how you can use a previous version of a lame encoder?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:42:54 pm »

Doesn't work for me.  Copied both the lame_en.dll and lame.exe in the plugins folder.  The format website is also broken for mp3.

I 3.98 doesn't sound the same as the CD.  3.97 is a lot closer.    Please elaborate how you can use a previous version of a lame encoder?

During encoding to MP3, Media Center will use the Lame.exe in the program's plugin folder.  No Lame DLL is used.

Please make sure you have the latest JRiver Media Center 13 installed, and that you are using the encoder plugin that ships with the product.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up