INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Importing  (Read 1589 times)

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Problem Importing
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:58:26 pm »

I'm trying to import some m4a files and the recently imported shows that the files have been imported. When I go the tree and navigate to the artist/album where its indicated that they should be the folder only contains files that I previously had. When I search in my audio tree, the tracks do not appear.

I'm also noticing that in recently imported none of the tracks have a 'duration' or 'bitrate'. If I right click on the files in recently imported and select play from the menu..nothing happens. I can play the files by dragging them to 'playing now' and then double clicking on a file in my playing now pane.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been noticing other wierd struff with lately and am tempted to uninstall and reinstall.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Re: Problem Importing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 09:39:15 pm »

Went back to 62 & it now works

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 06:51:25 pm »

You may need to tell Media Center how to play the M4A file (QuickTime vs DirectShow) in Options > File Types.

We're still hammering this new system out.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 02:19:49 pm »

Yes, I did need to set it back for directshow to be able to use all the functionality that I wanted to. i.e. replay gain on m4a files.

Thanks, Matt

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:24:42 pm »

Matt,

I have set MC to use directshow filters (Options=>File Types=>Audio=>AAC Audio (m4a,aac)....yes, JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filter)). I then went in and set DC-Bass as the filter (Options=>Playback=>Video=>DirectShow playback settings...[m4a]Source Filters=>DC-Bass Source (with "Use JRiver Audio Renderer" selected)).

I just tried to import again (MC 13.0.82). In the same folder I have 11 tracks in flac and the same 11 in m4a. I first imported the flac files and they showed up normally and with the 'note' icon for the image thumbnail (since I haven't yet put the album art in the folder). I then imported the m4a files. They show in the 'imported recently' playlist but with a thumb that looks like a white square with the MC logo in the lower right. The m4a files do NOT show in the Audio=>Artist/Album. I did a search for the tracks (by album after assigning the album name to the m4a files in the 'recently imported' window). The search returned only the flac files. Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 05:30:34 pm »

Maybe you can find something useful in our wiki:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/MP4_and_M4A_File_Support

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 06:32:32 pm »

Thanks for the reply,

I will go ahead and reread all of it again. Perhaps something new has been added since the last time I went through it.

I have had it all set and working properly for quite some time going back to MC 12.?.??....I know that it has worked properly in some of the earlier MC 13s. Its just the recent versions which appear to have broken it. I have about 140 Gb of m4a files existing in my library. Unfortunately I am unable to import any more as my library continues to expand.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 06:37:38 pm »

Until we get to the bottom of the FLAC tagging problem, we won't know exactly what's happening, but I believe that the tags are there.

About 30 days ago, Matt re-wrote our MP3 tagging system, so it's possible some new problem was introduced.

Welcome to the forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up