INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you ...  (Read 903 times)

JollyMolly

Thank you ...
« on: July 23, 2002, 03:53:26 am »

Greetings from the Midlands of England where it is overcast but I have sunshine in my heart!

I'm a new convert to MJ ... and enjoying every minute of it! It's good to read in the Forum how other people manage their MJ and I'm learning a lot from this! I am on a sharp learning curve (ALMOST vertical!) THANK YOU!!!!  

Listening to: 'Leader Of The Pack' from 'It's Only Rock & Roll' by 'The Shangri-Las' on Media Jukebox

Moll

petersohal

RE:Thank you ...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 06:06:16 am »

Moll,
Welcome to the MJ community. I am from the Midlands myself. Nottingham to be exact, although I have not lived there for many years. Have a pint of English beer for me - can't get the stuff here in the US.

Peter

Listening to: 'Good Morning Britain' by 'Aztec Camera' on Media Jukebox

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 06:54:14 am »

PeterS:

Samuel Smith, Newcastle Brown and Old Thumper don't do it for you?

HTH

Listening to: 'Drinking Beer - ' from 'The Bluesville Years Volume 12: Jump, Jumpin' The Blues' by 'Jimmy Witherspoon' on Media Jukebox

JollyJim

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 07:17:19 am »

Sam Smiths, John Smiths and most Yorkshire bitters.

Just off to do my night's trucking with no cd in the cab so can only listen to whatever is available on the radio. I gave up years ago with cassettes once they introduced auto rewind thingies etc cos I could never figure out what side I was on or whether fast forward took me backwards or where.

Which reminds me, I used to have a cb fitted when I was driving in the day but have'nt bothered for night driving as there's very few people on channel. Anybody out there still into cb's ??

Have a nice day all and welcome aboard Moll

Jim (Peterborough, Midlands, England)

JollyJim

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2002, 07:22:15 am »

PeterS

The last time I was in the States I found an English themed bar in the hotel and they were extremely proud of their range of English Bitters. The range consisted of Watneys Red Barrel. It was in Chicago - would you like the address ?

Jim

petersohal

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 07:27:06 am »

HTH,
The bottled/canned stuff is ok e.g. Boddingtons, but you can't beat a hand-pulled pint of draught bitter -- Young's ordinary, London Pride, Old speckled Hen... don't get me started.
Peter

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2002, 08:21:23 am »

Actually. pretty good range of canned and bottled English brew around here. They cover Old Speckled Hen, Young's, Fuller's, Boddington, SamSmith, Watneys, etc. Agree that it's better right from the tap, but sometimes you just have to cope....

HTH

Listening to: 'Gone With the Draft' from 'Vol. 2' by 'Nat King Cole' on Media Jukebox

Scronch

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2002, 07:18:03 pm »

Anybody in the San Diego area should give Alesmith Anvil ESB a try.

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up