INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Views in Theater View  (Read 1271 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Views in Theater View
« on: December 06, 2008, 08:35:03 am »

Is it still possible to get views from Standard view into Theater View?
Specifically I want to see my Film and TV Series views.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Views in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:29:31 pm »

Is it still possible to get views from Standard view into Theater View?
Specifically I want to see my Film and TV Series views.

You've gotta re-create these for Theater View under Options | Theater View | Items to Show...

I hope this doesn't stay this way though. It doesn't make a whole lotta sence to me. If I have a view I'm happy with in Standard View that I want to use in Theater View, there should be a way to simply link to it. I'm not opposed to these things living under Options but it can be cumbersome to have two versions of the same thing in two different places.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:00:14 am »

I've done this by creating a 'Grouping' field and assigning all my video files a group - Movies, Music Clips, TV Series etc. then creating a view in the edit section of Tools>Options>Theater View>Video>Edit.

I've actually gone as far as assigning Series, Season and Episode fields to each of mine as well, so that I can literally drill down to say Episode 4 of Season 3 of The West Wing under TV Series.

In the right side box in the Edit screen I have

Grouping
Series
Season
Episode

You'll need to ensure your episodes are named alphabetically if you want EVERYTHING (TV Series, Movies etc) to show alphabetically, otherwise your movies may be, but your TV series episodes will be out of order.

Hope this helps.

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:31:45 am »

You'll need to ensure your episodes are named alphabetically if you want EVERYTHING (TV Series, Movies etc) to show alphabetically, otherwise your movies may be, but your TV series episodes will be out of order.

I get around this problem by using this expression as file caption under theater view:
Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual(Mid([Video Type],0,9), TV Series),[Episode]. [Name],[Name] ([Year]/))
'Video Type' is my 'grouping' field. This lists TV Series as '1. Episode', everything else as 'Name (Year). 

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:52:03 am »

Everything regarding views seems to have taken a step backwards imo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up