INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New information panel in Theater View  (Read 2801 times)

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
New information panel in Theater View
« on: December 13, 2008, 07:20:28 am »

13.0.89 (12/10/2008)
13. NEW: Theater View skin "Obsidian Beta" shows an information panel with larger art, etc. on the right in file lists.

Very nice, but it doesn't change automatically when the actual playing file is ended and the next file starts to play.
To see the information for the actual playing file you have to manually select that file in the list on the left.
A day without laughing is a day without living

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 07:54:19 am »

Very nice, but it doesn't change automatically when the actual playing file is ended and the next file starts to play.
To see the information for the actual playing file you have to manually select that file in the list on the left.

that is how thv works and what can feel very unlogical from a users standpoint. i recently made a post about something that suffers under the same logic.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49597.0
an older post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45827.0

:)
gab

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 08:02:17 am »

I noticed this as well, but it's not a "bug."  The art/info on the right hand side reflects the currently "highlighted" song, not the currently "playing" song.  I'm actually not sure which way I would prefer this to work.  Having it reflect the highlighted track seems to make sense when in lists, but it does seem a bit strange to not have it reflect the currently "playing" song when on the Playing Now screen.

One thing that strikes me is that in a way, I like this display more than I like the lower half display when in Playing Now.

On a related note, I noticed that the breadcrumb path is gone when on the PN screen.  Would it be possible to have the path show for the currently playing song when on the PN screen?  I would be nice to see the full Genre/Artist/Album path for the current song in the "usual" place.

Thanks,

Larry

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 08:55:10 am »

.....but it does seem a bit strange to not have it reflect the currently "playing" song when on the Playing Now screen.

That's what my post was about. I agree completely

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 09:10:56 am »

That's what my post was about. I agree completely

Then again, there is also something to be said for being able to look at the specs/info for other songs on the PN list, and we do still have the lower area for currently playing song info.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this -- I can see certain logic to both approaches.

Just to add to what I said earlier, I actually like the new right-hand "info" image better than any of the current options for the lower PN area.  I'd therefore welcome a second, larger "Art/Info" image on the Theater View PN screen -- one that displays the "currently playing" info.  In my opinion, none of the "cover art," "track info," or "visualization" screens work as well on Theater View's PN screen than the one you guys just put on the right hand side.  That new image just "fits" with Theater View better since it's custom made for it.

Just food for thought.

Larry

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 09:21:09 am »

Then again, there is also something to be said for being able to look at the specs/info for other songs on the PN list, and we do still have the lower area for currently playing song info.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this -- I can see certain logic to both approaches.

Just to add to what I said earlier, I actually like the new right-hand "info" image better than any of the current options for the lower PN area.  I'd therefore welcome a second, larger "Art/Info" image on the Theater View PN screen -- one that displays the "currently playing" info.  In my opinion, none of the "cover art," "track info," or "visualization" screens work as well on Theater View's PN screen than the one you guys just put on the right hand side.  That new image just "fits" with Theater View better since it's custom made for it.

Just food for thought.

Larry

I would like information for the currently playing song in the right hand infopanel when in Playing Now.
I use the lower PN area for displaying visualizations like G-Force, Sofskies and WhiteCap

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: New information panel in Theater View
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 12:35:19 am »

I would love to see this in a Standard library view as well!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 12:45:20 am »

I just upgraded to MC13. Still get confused often..
I do like that right side info panel, especially now (build 93) when it does show the info on the currently playing track.
However, it makes the bottom pane completely redundant for track info/cover art. It still can be useful for visualizations but I myself very seldom use those.
Is it possible to remove the bottom pane? If not, I think it's a good idea to make it as an option for Th.V...

--max

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 04:44:46 am »

I do like that right side info panel, especially now (build 93) when it does show the info on the currently playing track.
However, it makes the bottom pane completely redundant for track info/cover art. It still can be useful for visualizations but I myself very seldom use those.
Is it possible to remove the bottom pane? If not, I think it's a good idea to make it as an option for Th.V...

--max

I agree with you on this.  I actually posted about this in a different thread -- i.e. the fact that I liked the "side info" better than any of the choices for the lower half of the Theater View "Playing Now" screen.  I find that the side info integrates with the rest of the PN screen better, whereas the display choices for the lower half of the PN screen always have a bit of a "pasted on" look to them in my opinion.  Like you, I don't use visualizations.

Larry

gappie

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 05:14:51 am »

--max
it is possible by changing the skin... just made a small effort to explain how..

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49695.0

gab

ps.. i would not like the display to disappear... i have it at the side displaying more info then the new side info... i love the sideinfo in otherplaces a lot though..
ps2... i could post the skin in that thread. was not sure what the crew would think of that..

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 04:04:20 pm »

I don't want it to disappear either. It quite useful in other views.
In audio, however, it takes almost half the screen to duplicate the info shown on the right-side panel (if Track Info or Cover Art is selected).
I ended up composing a new Track Info plug which doesn't have any Cover on it and shows the currently playing Album/Artist/Track etc.
Looks not too bad actually.

it is possible by changing the skin... just made a small effort to explain how..

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49695.0

gab

ps.. i would not like the display to disappear... i have it at the side displaying more info then the new side info... i love the sideinfo in otherplaces a lot though..
ps2... i could post the skin in that thread. was not sure what the crew would think of that..

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 08:25:52 pm »

Here's what I did.. Still a bit too busy me thinks.
(It's actually a Visualization composed in Viz Studio)

I ended up composing a new Track Info plug which doesn't have any Cover on it and shows the currently playing Album/Artist/Track etc.
Looks not too bad actually.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 08:33:37 pm »

I don't want it to disappear either. It quite useful in other views.

I'm certainly not advocating that it be removed from the program.  I'd just like the ability to turn it off so that the bottom of the screen isn't wasted.  Now that we have the track info and album art on the right, I'd rather use the bottom area for more tracks/less scrolling.

Larry

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 08:34:56 pm »

Exactly my point! (maybe I didn't express it too clearly..)

I'm certainly not advocating that it be removed from the program.  I'd just like the ability to turn it off so that the bottom of the screen isn't wasted.  Now that we have the track info and album art on the right, I'd rather use the bottom area for more tracks/less scrolling.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up