INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what have i done with top hits? how do i get it back?  (Read 976 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
what have i done with top hits? how do i get it back?
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:47:01 am »

i'd never really chcked the top hits smartlist and clicked on it this morning and it appeared to be my 100 most played songs, sorted by play count (which was somehow labeled as seq?)

well, in any event, i liked it and went to edit the smartlist. where it limits the songs to 100, i changed it to 300. now the smartlist looks nothing like my most played music. it is a lot of files, some of which i'ev never played before probably. i aws like, hmmm, that's weird, so i changed it back to 100. no dice. it is a completely different set of 100 files.

i'm really mad at myself for changing it, but it doesn't really make much sense why changing it back wouldn't get it back to me. i'm really confused?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: what have i done with top hits? how do i get it back?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:11:01 am »

The smartlist wizard does not appear to get along very well with the ~seq modifier.
Don't be mad at yourself, it's just a limitation that we have to live with for the time being.

In the meantime, the following string gives you just the same results, without a 'sequence' column:

[Media Type]="audio" [Number Plays]=>0 ~sort=[Number Plays]-d ~n=100

and feel free to change the number of tracks to anything you like, it won't break ;)

To get the string into the top hits list, select the smartlist, click the edit button, then click the import/export button you see in the lower left, and paste the blue text from above in there, replacing the existing string.

Press the OK button.
Press the OK button again.

-marko.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: what have i done with top hits? how do i get it back?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:31:36 am »

thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up