INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: proxy for mediaserver  (Read 726 times)

scub

• Recent member
proxy for mediaserver
« on: July 22, 2002, 01:54:55 pm »

I was trying to connect to my home computer from work and have to go through a proxy.  I can setup the proxy information in CDDB setup page but will mediaserver use this information when it tries to connect?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:proxy for mediaserver
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 02:02:08 pm »

MJ uses the proxy server info you set in IE.  CDDB settings are for CDDB only.

If you're connecting from outside your home network, the proxyserver doesn't control what happens for the inbound connection.  Your router may.  You can forward packets to the right machine if you configure your router correctly.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

scub

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 02:06:50 pm »

I'm trying to setup to connect on client machine.  The server is running fine and taking connections from clients that can reach it.  I don't think MJ is using proxy setting correctly from IE.  If I am using IE it prompts me for username and password to get past the proxy server.  If I use MJ it never prompts me for username and password and fails with an unable to connect.  I have tried to use IE to authenticate with proxy server and then quickly switch to MJ to connect to server.  Proxy is to smart though and can tell its a different program.  If I use IE and Netscape at the same time both programs have to authenticate to get out.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 03:39:39 pm »

If IE works, MJ will use its settings, but there are several proxy protocols and MJ does not support them all.

In any case, if you are using a current build, 8.0.320 or 8.0.333, Media Server shouldn't even use the proxy server.  The connections are only inbound.

If the problem is on the client side only, then it could be just an incompatible proxy server.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up