INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - track info/cover art/viz at the bottom? on the right?  (Read 1324 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I resisted upgrading to MC13 for a long time.. Upgraded today. Edited my Girder and other configs. Everything seems to be working OK. But..
Since there was a lot of changes from MC12 I get confused often...
One thing I can't figure out:
In Theater View (new Obsidan skin), when I scroll through the list of tracks, MC13 shows the cover art and some info on the right side of the screen. This is very nice.
Now, when I start playing, the first track finishes, the next one starts but the info on the right doesn't get updated..
On the bottom I have Track Info shown. I thought, it would be redundant with that new right hand side info panel, but no.. My Track Info bottom panel shows the currently playing track (with the cover art and everything), and the right side panel shows the info of the track which was selected to start the playback a while ago (again, with the cover art and everything).
Too much (conflicting) information on one screen..
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
--max

P.S. Also, is it possible to get the old Obsidan back. Why didn't MC team give the new one a new name and leave the old one as it was?

gappie

Re: Theater View - track info/cover art/viz at the bottom? on the right?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 03:44:53 am »

I resisted upgrading to MC13 for a long time.. Upgraded today. Edited my Girder and other configs. Everything seems to be working OK. But..
Since there was a lot of changes from MC12 I get confused often...
One thing I can't figure out:
In Theater View (new Obsidan skin), when I scroll through the list of tracks, MC13 shows the cover art and some info on the right side of the screen. This is very nice.
Now, when I start playing, the first track finishes, the next one starts but the info on the right doesn't get updated..
On the bottom I have Track Info shown. I thought, it would be redundant with that new right hand side info panel, but no.. My Track Info bottom panel shows the currently playing track (with the cover art and everything), and the right side panel shows the info of the track which was selected to start the playback a while ago (again, with the cover art and everything).
Too much (conflicting) information on one screen..
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
--max

P.S. Also, is it possible to get the old Obsidan back. Why didn't MC team give the new one a new name and leave the old one as it was?

the info at the right shows the file that is selected not the file that is playing now. that is how theaterview works. imo mc should take a look at playing now in Theater View for an other reason, but with the same goal.. it is not logical how it is now..

to get the old obsidian back... is mc 12 still on your system. ubder program files in widows. go to jriver>media center 12> fullskins. look for obsidian. change the name of that folder to for instance obsidian old. copy the folder.
now go to jriver>media center 13> fullskins and past the folder. in the settings of theaterview you can now choose for obsidian old.  :)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View - track info/cover art/viz at the bottom? on the right?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 07:00:27 pm »

Well, I don't understand this behavior..
When it shows the item currently selected (while going through the playlist) - this is what's expected. But when it shows me an item which was selected a while ago and is not currently playing.. I don't see a point of showing this at all.

As to the old skin.. I took it from MC12 folde, put in MC13. It kinda works but strange thing is - it's a combination of the old and new skins now - it shows the navigation bar on the left from the old obsidan and that info bar on the right side from the new obsidan..
 ?

the info at the right shows the file that is selected not the file that is playing now. that is how theaterview works. imo mc should take a look at playing now in Theater View for an other reason, but with the same goal.. it is not logical how it is now..

to get the old obsidian back... is mc 12 still on your system. ubder program files in widows. go to jriver>media center 12> fullskins. look for obsidian. change the name of that folder to for instance obsidian old. copy the folder.
now go to jriver>media center 12> fullskins and past the folder. in the settings of theaterview you can now choose for obsidian old.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up