INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: just upgraded to MC13...theater view good and bad.  (Read 1797 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
just upgraded to MC13...theater view good and bad.
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:35:37 am »

i can't say i've noticed too many differences in the library/management features, but i do have some things to say about theater view.

love the new obsidian skin! looks great, and seems to run smoother. i also quite like the new "now playing" layout.

can't stand how the new theater view has commands arranged. i often add an album, then add another album & shuffle remaining, then add another album & shuffle remaining, and so on. the drop down menu that came up when you clicked on an album before meant i was building playlists in two commands. now, i click once to open the album (which is good, i suppose), but i have to go to the top, click, scroll, choose "add all", go back to the album list, repeat process, then go to the playlist and hit CTRL+SHIFT+R on it. can we go back to the old click-on-the-album-for-commands method?

also, the obsidian skin has crapped out on me and i can't get it back to normal. all black backgrounds have changed to white, which makes it completely unreadable, and i've tried restarting MC, switching themes and then back, restarting computer, etc. i don't want to delete and reinstall.

thanks!
micah

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: just upgraded to MC13...theater view good and bad.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:22:21 pm »

can't stand how the new theater view has commands arranged. i often add an album, then add another album & shuffle remaining, then add another album & shuffle remaining, and so on. the drop down menu that came up when you clicked on an album before meant i was building playlists in two commands. now, i click once to open the album (which is good, i suppose), but i have to go to the top, click, scroll, choose "add all", go back to the album list, repeat process, then go to the playlist and hit CTRL+SHIFT+R on it. can we go back to the old click-on-the-album-for-commands method?

If you press the menu button, you'll get the menu.  It's on the lower right of most new keyboards.  You can also map it on your remote.  Or you can right-click.

also, the obsidian skin has crapped out on me and i can't get it back to normal. all black backgrounds have changed to white, which makes it completely unreadable, and i've tried restarting MC, switching themes and then back, restarting computer, etc. i don't want to delete and reinstall.

No idea, sorry.  You might try upgrading video drivers.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 12:38:49 pm »

If you press the menu button, you'll get the menu.  It's on the lower right of most new keyboards.  You can also map it on your remote.  Or you can right-click.

oh, the right-click button! got it. i have a miniature bluetooth keyboard from logitech that i use as my remote, but i can program the hotkey. thanks!

will experiment on the white-background-thing. i also just noticed we can now choose the font for the theater view - nice! now to find a way to customize what is in the little square window on the left and change the amount of space devoted to the playlist...

micah

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:15:34 pm »

Ctrl + Mouse Wheel is a fast way to change sizes in Theater View.

You can also do it from Options > Theater View
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 01:23:41 pm »

oh, yeah, that i knew, i was trying to figure out how to change the space devoted to the playlist window, track info/visualisation window, and whatever we're calling the new window in the upper right (selected-track-in-playlist-info window?).

micah

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 03:00:29 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49695.0

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44416.msg340597#msg340597

Several ways to change the layout. I simply changed things so the thumbnail of the currently playing track is on the left, taking half the screen. Everything else is the same as the original Obsidian. To do that, after following the instructions in the first link re "layout", you simply change "bottom" to "left" in this line -

<Item Name="PIP" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="49.5%" Crop="1%" />
Pages: [1]   Go Up