INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 13 filtering problem  (Read 1018 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
MC 13 filtering problem
« on: December 24, 2008, 12:06:59 pm »

I really like MC13 but compared to MC12, I encountered an important looking failure in MC13's basic filtering. It occurs even in very simple view schemes.

EXAMPLE:

Use two filters: GROUP/ALBUM

GROUP is user defined. It is like genre but unlike genre it is list delimited. In a  view scheme that is groupped by GROUP, selecting an album for a given GROUP (i.e. selecting albums on that submenu that appears under JAZZ group) returns also albums that are not in that group. In other words, the group filter is dropped when and album is selected by clicking the submenu for a particular group.

The weird thing is that, for the same scheme, the left handside tree view works fine when tree view is enabled. Here, I can select JAZZ and get the correct list albums. If I do that on the right hand side view, it doesn't filter correctly, I also get different albums. The same view scheme also works fine for theater view.

COMMENTS:

I am surprised that such a basic problem is not reported before, so maybe the problem is that my library is messed up while moving from MC12 to MC13, although I was able to reproduce this importing in a fresh library. I will be happy to send my library to JRiver if it is useful.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC 13 filtering problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 12:45:05 pm »

Could you send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com with instructions on where to click to see the problem?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:43:25 pm »

Nevermind.  I think this is the same problem as has been reported in the bug thread.

It will be fixed in build 98 and later.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 03:36:18 pm »

Matt,

great. I will follow it up and let you know if it persists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up