INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut for select in theater view?  (Read 1788 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Keyboard shortcut for select in theater view?
« on: December 26, 2008, 09:12:47 am »

Is there a keyboard shortcut to select active item in theater view? I have a select button on my keyboard, but I am not able to assign it since I can find a shortcut for it in the help document.

If there is not, I'd give it a big vote  :)

Thanks!
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Keyboard shortcut for select in theater view?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 02:52:10 pm »

"Enter"? Maybe you're unable to assign that. ?

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 10:47:22 am »

I meant that I have a remote key button for select that I do not know how to assign...

"Enter" will only open the item, or pop the menu if that is configured.

Sorry for the mistyping :-[

Any other suggestions?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:24:43 am »

All I'd want is a keyboard shortcut for select, so I could assign a remote button to that shortcut.

What about Ctrl + Shift + S? That is not used as far as I can see...

plz  :)

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 10:19:51 am »

I'd give it my vote as well. Seems like a simple enough thing to add. Would help me plenty when I get that new programmable remote I've been looking at.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 11:44:09 pm »

It seems a design premise of theater view is it be fully functional using just the arrow keys and enter. Have you noticed after one item is selected (by pressing right and selecting "select" from the menu), check-marks appear and further items are added to the selection just by pressing the right arrow? So a select button is only going to save a few button-presses, and then is likely not as convenient as the right arrow. You could program your select button to make the initial selection (right-down-down-down-right), but it might be better used for something else, like one of the "add" (to playing now) functions.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:57:59 am »

Yes, but right arrow will not work in all views. If I ever am going to get my wife to use this remote, I need to make it as intuitive as possible. There is enough buttons on the remote to make other customs, so I dont want to move to far avay from the "standard" keys.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 08:52:59 am »

Last call, would you be so kind to implement this  :)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up