INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License issues - please help!!!  (Read 967 times)

MartynB

License issues - please help!!!
« on: January 08, 2009, 05:47:03 pm »

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help with this licensing issue please?

I've purchase both MC 11 and the upgrade to MC 12 however I recently (around a month or so ago) had to rebuild my PC and I'm having trouble installing the license on MC 12.  I've attempted both techniques, via file and internet but both fail with "error code 21" with a reference to an "invalid license".  The license downloads ok from your website but MC 12 doesn't like it.

I wondered if this was perhaps because of some file associations/registry clashes with MC 11 and MC 12 being concurrently installed so I've uninstalled MC 11 but this proved fruitless.
Interestingly, before I uninstalled MC 11, I noted that the MC 11 license your automated email system sent to me worked ok!
Since I last rebuilt the PC I've been running with the trial version but this has just expired and I'm not of the mind to rebuild my PC every 30 days!  :P

For info I'm running MC 12 from a external usb drive, I'm not sure if that has any bearing.
I've tried this a few times now and I've running out of attempts!  Would it be possible to get this reset?

Can you please advise?

You should be able to verify proof of purchase via your records against my email address.  If you require further clarification that I have legitimately paid for this software then please contact me.

Assuming these issues can be resolved, I have a new PC which I would also like to run MC 12 on.  Am I ok to do so or is there a requirement for me to purchase another license?

Finally, I think I read somewhere the MC 12 licenses are compatible with MC 13 as long as they where purchased after a certain date.  I'm pretty sure I bought MC 12 a while ago so I'm not sure what date qualifies?  It does seem a little unfair that your most loyal customers are not getting a free upgrade!

Other than that, great product by the way!!!  :) ;) ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License issues - please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 06:38:46 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.

Get the latest version of MC12.  Install on your PC (not on an external drive).  Restore using your MC12 Registration Code.

Info on licensing is under Purchase above.

If you bought MC12 after August 8, 2008, you would have received an MC13 license.  Your records show an MC11 and an MC12 license.

Pages: [1]   Go Up