INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with Album Artist (auto)  (Read 984 times)

DSCabrio

• Recent member
Issue with Album Artist (auto)
« on: January 03, 2009, 03:07:57 pm »

I am trying to migrate from MC12 to MC 13 but MC13 is not displaying some of my audio files the same.  This appears to involve albums with the Artist Name set to Various. In my collection, each album has it's own folder and for multi-artist albums I have set the artist tags to Various" or "Various - Blues", etc.  The album tag is set to the name of the album, so in MC12 I get an artist "Various" and the different albums under it.  Some of the files are being displayed separately in Artist view using the file name rather than the Artist Tag.  From looking at the docs, this appears to be related to amoatic feature "Album Artist (auto)".  How can I turn this off?

BTW, great program!

DSCabrio

• Recent member
Re: Issue with Album Artist (auto)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 05:25:59 pm »

As usual, I finally post about an issue and then figure it out  :D

Apparently, it has to do with the "Album Artist" tag on the files.  I had changed the Artist tag to various but not the Album Artist tag.  However, I'm a little unsure why this was an issue in MC13 and not MC12.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 06:00:40 pm »

Don't know if you're particularly interested or not but here goes...

Instead of using "Various" as the artist name, you can enter the actual artist, then use the Album Artist to group them.

If your compilation album is in the same folder, MC will automatically change the Album Artist to (Multiple Artists) and place the album in this category in your views. That way, the album is still grouped correctly AND you get to see the correct artist when choosing a track, even from a compilation album.

malcolmm

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Wad Up! I'm a simple man :)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 07:54:18 pm »

Thanks, that's very useful information.

Mal from Cessnock (Au)
Cheers, Malcolm
Pages: [1]   Go Up