INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Ipod with MC13  (Read 1003 times)

Saruman

Syncing Ipod with MC13
« on: January 04, 2009, 10:07:01 am »

I have just upgraded to MC13, after using MC11. I used Itunes for syncing my Ipod before, but noticed the message in the forums about using Itunes 8. So I deleted my files from my Ipod, and then created a seperate library in MC13 for my Ipod. I then successfully synced with MC13. My problem is, I had to do a system restore in Windows Vista, and have now lost my Ipod Library, though my Default (Full) library is intact. What I would like to do is connect my Ipod to MC13, create a new Ipod Library and sync from the Ipod to it. Is that possible?? Or would I have to go through the "Import Folder" route to re-establish my Ipod library. Also I have noticed, that the Album artwork is not related to the Album that I am playing on my Ipod, this seems to have only happened recently, after adding another Album. Any help or suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Syncing Ipod with MC13
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:33:37 pm »

You can restore from a library backup if you lose a library (File > Library).  Media Center makes them automatically.

Also you probably don't need a different library for syncing your iPod.  Just make some smartlists or playlists and select them to be synced.

As for the artwork, I don't know.  You may need to initialize the iPod and start over.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up