INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Media Action - Autoplay in Theater View  (Read 1430 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
New Media Action - Autoplay in Theater View
« on: January 03, 2009, 09:08:47 pm »

My MC Autoplay settings are set to "Ask Every Time" so I can choose whether to rip or play a new CD or DVD. This works fine in Standard View but in Theater View, it's a problem. The initial dialog and CD lookup box do not display in the nice Theater View style which means a) it cannot be navigated via remote control and b) it cannot be viewed from across the room. The function is pretty much useless for Theater View as it is right now.

I bring this topic up at least once a year because while it isn't a "show-stopper" for me, it is for many people I know who are frustrated with needing to jump out to Standard View and pull out a mouse and keyboard every time they want to add new music to their media library. I mean, we can now tag content in Theater View with just a remote (which is awesome) but there's still no simple RC-driven way to add content. It just seems like a major over-sight to me.

With the recent talk of a possible JR-built Media Box (the "Synapse") I would expect this sort of thing to be a definite must-have.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Media Action - Autoplay in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 03:10:54 am »

A shameless BUMP but I also wanted to add that I'm often asked: "how do I burn this <album | recorded tv show | avi> to DVD?". Obviously this isn't possible yet from theater view and inevitably, my response to the question leaves most people less than impressed. In a true HTPC environment, pulling out a keyboard and mouse and switching to standard view is just not a real option.

How difficult would it be to extend theater view's CD/DVD section to provide RIP/BURN functionality? Has this ever been white-boarded for a possible future build? Would it really be that difficult given the great advances in theater view recently and the fact that ripping/burning/YADB lookups/etc is already available in MC?

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up