INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant view TV in theatre mode  (Read 2002 times)

kevvie010

• Recent member
Cant view TV in theatre mode
« on: January 07, 2009, 03:03:04 am »

Hi

My tv tuner (Dvico Fusion Dual) works perfectly in the main section of j.river,  but when i go into theater mode all i can see is the tv heading and no channels to choose from.

Just wondering what i missed

v13

Kevin

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cant view TV in theatre mode
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:09:53 am »

Hi

My tv tuner (Dvico Fusion Dual) works perfectly in the main section of j.river,  but when i go into theater mode all i can see is the tv heading and no channels to choose from.

Just wondering what i missed

v13

Kevin

Have you got any TV guide data imported (XMLTV etc)? If you haven't no data will show in Theater View and you'll get a blank screen. You can get around this by Playing all then selecting the channel you want via channel number.

Personally I don't like this. Think it would be better to have the choice of view - Guide or All Channels.

kevvie010

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 04:45:13 pm »

Thanks for the prompt answer, i thought it might work similar to MCE but obviously not,  i am quite impressed with the product so far, 

If i have a second tv tuner card will it pick that up as well (i would like to run Foxtel through it as well , australian paytv)  currently i am injecting the signal via the av inputs of the dual tuner card, then using the dvico native application to view. 

Unfortunately it doesnt appear at all as a second channel in the devices list.

Regards

Kevin

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 04:51:33 pm »

If i have a second tv tuner card will it pick that up as well (i would like to run Foxtel through it as well , australian paytv)  currently i am injecting the signal via the av inputs of the dual tuner card, then using the dvico native application to view. 

There's a setting in tv options called something like: "show av inputs as channels" (sorry, I'm not at my MC right now). This should allow you to play any external AV feed inside MC.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

kevvie010

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:20:39 am »

can you be a little more specific, i am having difficulty finding this option.

Thanks for your help

Kevin

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 06:07:26 am »

It used to be in the scan settings.

Try

Drives & Devices > Television > Configure > Scan for Channels > Scan for Analog Channels.

Select the device and it may be in there.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 08:51:49 am »

imugli is right.

Inputs are available on analog devices. You need to scan for channels on analog device to get SVideo/Composite Video into the database.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kevvie010

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 07:06:44 pm »

Thanks for that , i managed to scan in but it is only putting a tiny picture in the view screen (for composite input)
If i click on it it expands to fill the screen but the picture quality is terrible

is this a fault of the DVICO card, I do have an avermedia card too, maybe i should be using that?  The Dvico only has one antenna input whereas the aver has two distinct channels, so i may be able to input using the antenna rather than AV

If i can just get this going i am sold on this product.

thanks all for your help with an MC noob (but not an MCE noob)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 07:40:07 pm »

Have you used this card for this function in MediaCenter? If so, what was the result?

I could be wrong, but it may be something to do with the maximum output resolution that the TV card displays any composite inputs at. If that's the case then yes, it's a limitation (not a problem per se) of the card.

kevvie010

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 11:31:42 pm »

If i run the AV inputs through the dvico hdtv software the output is fine (not digital quality obviously but quite watchable)
through MC it is as though running a ipod movie on the size of a wall very blocky.

I cant run the av inputs at all in MCE as i only use that for digial tuning, and you can only have one type of input in.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 02:56:03 am »

If i run the AV inputs through the dvico hdtv software the output is fine (not digital quality obviously but quite watchable)
through MC it is as though running a ipod movie on the size of a wall very blocky.

I cant run the av inputs at all in MCE as i only use that for digial tuning, and you can only have one type of input in.

Now that you mention it, I tried using the analog inputs of my tv card a while back with my video recorder and it was really bad - like you've described. I just assumed that it was an issue with the card (also a DVICO). Is it possible that MC is attempting some sort of post processing on analog inputs? I might try this again and post back.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up