INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Totally stumped on dvd file naming  (Read 1467 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Totally stumped on dvd file naming
« on: January 16, 2009, 07:35:13 am »

I am completely lost on how to do this, i have imported 12 dvd movie rips, example for the movie 'twister':

> files inside of a folder named twister
   video_ts.ifo
   video_ts.bup
   video_ts.vob
   vts_01_.ifo
   vts_01_.bup
   vts_01_0.vob
   vts_01_1.vob
   vts_01_2.vob
   vts_01_3.vob
   vts_01_4.vob
   vts_01_5.vob
   twister.jpg

After importing the movies if i choose to display them by name they are all called video_ts and then i cant use the imdb, google or rotten tomato link buttons to get info on the movies because they are not understanding the movie name of video_ts.

I tried to change the video_ts name tag in each movie to the movie name but its not letting me do it. So i just put the movie name in the "album" tag for each movie and then i can display it that way but then the link buttons still don't work because i haven't really changed the file name , just got a way around it to display the name.

What I am doing wrong, how are dvd rips to vts, vob files renamed in mc13, i am just not seeing it.

Thanx
TC

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Totally stumped on dvd file naming
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52:35 am »

I'm not completely sure, but I believe MC likes to see the "Video_TS" folder.  Here's the path that works for me.

Drive:\DVD\Movie Name\Video_TS\files (.ifos, .bups & .vobs)

When you import the DVD folder, MC fills in the "name" field with the title of the Movie Name folder.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:14:25 am »

I'm not completely sure, but I believe MC likes to see the "Video_TS" folder.  Here's the path that works for me.

Drive:\DVD\Movie Name\Video_TS\files (.ifos, .bups & .vobs)

When you import the DVD folder, MC fills in the "name" field with the title of the Movie Name folder.

Thanks it worked, one has to keep the video_ts files in the video_ts folder and then simply put the video_ts folder inside of another folder named after the movie. Though the cover art is in the same folder, apparently it is not automatically detected for video files so i just selected all my movies and told it to quick find the art in the movie folders and bam!, its all working.

Thanx
TC

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:33:40 am »

Hi there, I've got a similar problem to the one you described. My DVd rips are already in the folder structure you describe, and I have a folder.jpg file in the <name> directory.

But how did you get Quick find to load the files. I select the video titles, select Quick find, a screen appears and disappears before I can get to it, and then nothing.

Do I need to rename the jpg files? Are there parameters that can be set for Quick find?

Any help would be much appreciated.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 08:26:16 am »

Strange.  I have over 900 DVD rips in place without the VIDEO_TS folder and they work beautifully.  Cover art and all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up