INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bonex: Gapless audio playback issue  (Read 1300 times)

Bonex

• Recent member
Bonex: Gapless audio playback issue
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:16:07 am »

I think there's a bug with the Audio playback options.
I checked the "Use gapless for sequential album tracks", then selected "Switch tracks: standard (gapped) 0,3s". In this way MC makes a short pause after every track, even when they are sequential. The only way to have correct gapless playback is to use "Switch Tacks: gapless", but this makes the "Use gapless etc" useless.
I think the intended behaviour was: check "Use gapless" to set the behaviour of MC when two tracks are sequential, and then choose "Switch tracks" for when you skip a track or when you use random playback. Or am I doing something wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bonex: Gapless audio playback issue
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:18:23 am »

I can't reproduce this.

If I set the gap to 16 seconds, but enable gapless playback for sequential album tracks, my albums play gapless.

Stepping through the code, it also seems to do the right thing.

All I can think is that Media Center doesn't think the files are sequential album files.  Double-check the album, album artist (auto), and track number fields.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:36:09 am »

In addition to what Matt said, if the files are indeed from a "various artist" album they need to be imported to the library before MC can automatically tag the "Album Artist (auto)" field with the "(Multiple Artists)" value. As you may know, MC can also play unimported files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 02:57:05 pm »

Oh God, sorry for being such an ass. I have discovered the cause. Some sequential tracks had the same number because they were cd tracks with indexes and when I splitted them the program I used kept the same number for each part. Sorry for wasting your time :-[
I should have checked other cd's but I have just started the slow process of importing and tagging all my music and didn't notice. Wow, and I even picked the most troubled one.
Anyway, now it works :-[ Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 03:12:46 pm »

If you haven't already discovered it, MC has a nice tool that can renumber tracks (Library Tools > Fill track numbers from list order). You can reorder the tracks in Playing Now or in a regular playlist and use the tool for quickly correcting the track numbers.

In addition, MC has the Disc number field. You can use it with multi-disc albums if you want to preserve the original track numbers and also use a single Album field value with all discs (i.e. if you want to create a single album item of the discs).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up