INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 music that can be played on MC & Ipod in Australia  (Read 2020 times)

Bagofrats

• Recent member
  • Always still learning
MP3 music that can be played on MC & Ipod in Australia
« on: January 23, 2009, 05:49:11 pm »

Hi
After an Enigma album (and others) to download but can't seem to find a place to buy from. I been through the search and found some, but they will not work in Australia (Amazon etc.).

Can anybody give me an Idea of a GOOD place to buy MP3 store that will let you download in Australia.

Tried MP3.com.au but it just puts up errors.

Thanks

Grant

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MP3 music that can be played on MC & Ipod in Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:54:54 pm »

I don't know, but did you try Amazon.uk?  Another UK source is Tesco.  Maybe HMV, too.

Bagofrats

• Recent member
  • Always still learning
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:35:20 pm »

No we must be bad in Australia as none of the above is allowed in Australia. I like the way HMV let you give them your card details and then just say there is a fault with the payment. Had to go find the T & C s and it's in there, I will look there first in future. Hope I don't have to go back to the old way.

Bagofrats

• Recent member
  • Always still learning
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:15:58 pm »

Hi Jim

Would it be OK if this thread was put on MC 13 forum for a while to see if anybody out there in Australia or elsewhere has any ideas.

Thanks

Grant

JamieShanks

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 02:46:52 am »

Bigpond music has 320k mp3s for around iTunes prices (cheaper if your internet is with them).  Their customer service is awful - about what you'd expect from Telstra, only just above the level of an actual scam - their customer service people are mostly incompetent, and their downloading software tends to randomly break for no apparent reason, but its the only equivalent to Amazon mp3 I've found here. 

Not much of a reccomendation I know...

Bagofrats

• Recent member
  • Always still learning
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 06:41:16 pm »

Nothing changes. I worked for them for 21 years and that is why I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole. I suppose we just have to wait for Amazon.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 06:48:00 pm »

Nothing changes. I worked for them for 21 years and that is why I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole. I suppose we just have to wait for Amazon.

i'm not in australia, but i think 7digital is available there (according to an aussie friend). they have a pretty wide selection.

for more obscure stuff, bleep.com does really well...

JamieShanks

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 09:09:21 pm »

Yeah, I can understand the 10 foot pole.  I tend to buy a couple of things, then get so irritated I stay away from several months.  Anyone else in Australia - they can be worth looking at for box sets, even with the hassle, because they sell "per item" rather than "per disk" - I got the Doors studio set for the price of an album, and also several really big (like 10 or 15 disk) classical sets.  It helps to be working at the computer that day, so you can sit there click re-download over and over.

But their attitude still sucks.

Hopefully there might be a change now the gentleman of sensitive sensibilities and Mexican-American heritage has left :)

Other places:

I've used 7 Digital from here, and yes it works, but it more expensive than the others once you convert exchange rates.

Alternatives are Puretracks (Canadian, but don't have everything and a pretty wonky search engine): http://mp3.puretracks.com (and there's Canadian and US stores which have some different stock, if you google).

Probably not for Enigma, but the indie stores Amie St and Emusic both work in Australia.

You could also try the record label itself.  I've found a few albums that are cheaper straight from the label's website than from the bigger stores, or than importing physical CDs from the US.

Good luck :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up