INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to you play recorded OTA shows?  (Read 1059 times)

jblackrupert

How to you play recorded OTA shows?
« on: February 05, 2009, 12:31:12 am »

I recorded a show from the TV listings window (RECORD button) gathered from using the Program guide.
not using the Scheduler.

I now have 110 files totaling 7.5gigs

.jts
.jtr
.jti
.jta
and a bunch of .cnk files (171mb and 2.87MB in size)

They are stored here: C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\My Documents\My Videos\JRiver\TV Recording\

Using the scheduler in MC12 I used to get 1 file (.TS I think) and it just played in VLC or any other player.

How the heck do I play the show?

I just want recordings made in 1 easy to play file

Why does it keep recording every time I start MC13?
The show was set for 1 hour and it just keep going and going recording the next show and I have shut down MC13 to get it to stop
only to have it start recording again when I start MC13 when no shows are scheduled?!!!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: How to you play recorded OTA shows?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 09:19:02 am »

We have merged time-shifting and recording.

When recording is finished, a file of type *.jtv is imported into your library.  You can play it inside MC.  It can also be played in players using DirectShow for playback, such as ZoomPlayer.

To play the files inside MC, you can either click "My Recordings" in Television view, and play from there, or go to Video and find jtv files and play from there.

The jts files can also be played in the same manner.  You should keep all files in the recording folders and only manage them through MC (for example, deleting).

To stop a recording, go to Television view and select the program from EPG list (it should have an icon indicating it is being recorded).  Click "Record" button to bring out the recording wizard, and choose "Cancel Recording".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jblackrupert

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:37:07 pm »

1) There is no *.jtv file anywhere on my HD.

2) Clicking the show name in "My recordings" gave me a message saying "Program has been already recorded" or something to that effect
the program name has dissapeared from the 'my programs' tab so I can't verify the message.

3) MC13 is still hammering at the HD recording something everytime I turn it on
There are no icons stating which show/channel it is recording.  I know the icons you speak of but there are none whatsoever.
I have to shut it down to make it stop.

4) Nothing has appeared in the 'Video' tab to be played..nothing in playlists...etc.

5) The *.cnk files are still in 'My documents' but the *.jts..jtr..jti...jta.... files have no appeared to have vanished.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:44:43 pm »

You might need to update.  A lot of changes have been made recently in MC13.
Pages: [1]   Go Up