INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Type  (Read 1960 times)

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
Album Type
« on: February 05, 2009, 07:27:46 pm »

All but one of my movie soundtrack albums have 'album artist'  and 'album type' listed as (Multiple Artists), which is good, and the way I want it.  One doesn't... listed as 'single artist' (and 'album artist' = 'artist').

Any way to convert this?

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Album Type
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:22:20 am »

Anyone?

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 04:09:27 pm »

I'm STILL playing with this and can't figure it out.  Maybe I'm not describing it well enough.

I have an Album with 12 tracks, all with different artists.  The album name is the same.  Why is each track listed as ALBUM TYPE = "single artist" instead of "multiple artist"?

I've even tried deleting the whole thing and re-importing and it stays the same way.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:17:45 pm »

Show a screen shot of the album's tracks and tags.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:52:33 pm »

I could start guessing the possible cause, but I'd rather not do that.

A screenshot might not show enough info.

Export an MPL playlist of the album tracks an post it here. An MPL playlist will show exactly what you have.

You can zip it and add it as an attachment to your reply. (click the Additional Options... text to access the Attach dialog).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 06:05:52 pm »

Thanks for the replies!

This feels like a bad dream... I've got the playlist zipped-up but, for the life of me, I don't see how to add an attachment to this message.  The 'additional options' right below this message only list 4 check-boxes... nothing about attachments.   :-[

I've tried this in both IE and Firefox.

As an aside, I might also add that this is all happening in MC12, not MC13.  If I've erred in posting this here, I'm sorry!  I'm doing some final clean-up in 12 before moving over to 13.  ALSO... I've imported the suspect tracks to MC13 on another PC here and it works fine there!  But when I delete the tracks in my MC12 and re-import, nada.

With the time I've spent on this already, I'm almost to the point of permanently deleting the half-dozen albums and moving on!

If you could help me with this attaching-a-file thing, I'd be grateful.  I'm blind.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 06:25:31 pm »

This feels like a bad dream... I've got the playlist zipped-up but, for the life of me, I don't see how to add an attachment to this message.  The 'additional options' right below this message only list 4 check-boxes... nothing about attachments...

So you don't have the "Attach" box like in my attached screenshot? Alternatively you can open the MPL playlist with Notepad and paste the contents to your reply. You can put the text in a quote or code box so that it'll take less space.

(You must be logged in to see the attachment.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 07:17:01 pm »

No, I don't.  Everything else is the same except I have a "Lock this topic" checkbox to the right.

I'll post something soon but I need to figure-out how to do it.

Sorry.

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 10:28:28 am »

I figured it out, but it took some experimenting.

There were 7 albums and they were some of my oldest, dating back to Media Jukebox days and another PC.  Somewhere along the transition line, since these were similar albums (3 were Xmas, for instance) they got dumped into two directories instead of each residing in their own, specific directory.

Yes, once I moved them into their own directories using the Library Tools each automatically converted to 'Multiple Artists'.  That's why my importing to MC13 on another machine worked - I only tried one album.  And that's also why my deleting/re-importing only 1 album from MC12 failed.  As long as multiple albums shared 1 directory, they would not import as 'multiple artists'.

Is this by design?  I know it's not normal for albums to share a directory but I don't know why that should create this issue.

Oh... and I tried replying to this message on 2 other machines in our house and none of them have the attachment functionality within the 'additonal options'.  What could that possibly be?
Pages: [1]   Go Up