INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: panes in playlist views  (Read 902 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
panes in playlist views
« on: February 10, 2009, 02:24:49 am »

This may have been raised in the past but I do not recall seeing it...

It would be very helpful to have panes in playlist views.

I synchronize my iPod to a playlist. With a small device (8GB) that can hold only a thousand or so tracks it's not too difficult to scroll through the playlist looking for something that needs to be removed. However today I filled up a 80GB iPod with 13,000 tracks and scrolling through the playlist is going to be a major pain.

It is possible to create a custom view with panes that only displays content from the iPod playlist. However, deleting a track in this view removes it from the library, rather than as is desired from the iPod playlist.

Is there a reason that panes are not supported in playlists views?

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: panes in playlist views
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 02:30:47 am »

However, deleting a track in this view removes it from the library, rather than as is desired from the iPod playlist.

If you have the ipod playlist in a playlist group, and you use that playlist group as the first pane in your view scheme, you can use tagging mode (press F4) to remove a file from the playlist.
Simply select the file(s) you want to remove, then remove the tick from the tagging mode tickbox by clicking on it, and you're done, the files will be removed from the playlist.

If you add a second smartlist to that playlist group that includes all music, but excludes the contents of the ipod playlist, you can then select that entry in the pane, then select files from this list and then place a tick in ipod playlist tagging mode tickbox to add those files to the ipod playlist.

-marko.

rjm

Re: panes in playlist views
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 02:40:00 am »

Brilliant work around, thanks Marko!

Matt, I still think you should add pains to playlist views. They seem strangely inconsistent as is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up