Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aac  (Read 747 times)

sdcoochie

aac
« on: July 19, 2002, 02:04:49 pm »

I was wondering if anyone has used MJ to encode AAC files  using the latest Psytel encoder 2.15. I would like to use MJ and it's external encoder to try AAC but I'm having a problem. I can't seem to put the right command line in or something. I just want to try it out using MJ I have been able to download a frontend or batch encoder so I have played with aac a little bit (the quality is excellent) but I would like to do all of my audio work with MJ. I also notice that AAC is one of the file types MJ supports so I'm wondering if MJ will get a built in encoder for AAC. This is probably not necessary (since most users are probably happy with MJ's current encoder support) but from reading some of audio forums AAC seems to be regarded quite highly at resonable bit rates. The forum (Hydrogen Audio) has placed these lossy codecs in this order from best to worst - MPC,AAC,OGG,MP3 at moderate bit rates. With OGG getting very close to AAC with the most recent build.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:aac
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 03:07:32 pm »

aac was really expensive last time we checked.  We're probing them again.  We would like to add it.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 03:14:53 pm »

>>>> We're probing them again. <<<<

Reminds me of a 'South Park' episode with Cartman and an eighty foot satellite dish....

JimH

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 03:22:16 pm »

That's our equipment, but we're still trying to get it working right.  We think direction is crucial.
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 03:26:45 pm »

Jim,

Snickering just from the fact that you may know what the hell I'm talking about.

JimH

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2002, 03:54:42 pm »

Mike,
I wish I had a clue.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
Pages: [1]   Go Up