INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selective Text Labels  (Read 1232 times)

Bob W

• Recent member
Selective Text Labels
« on: July 19, 2002, 01:37:19 pm »

I've been looking into customizing my toolbar, and am just wondering if it is possible to add/modify selective text labels to any of the icons. Right now when I turn them on I only get "Mini-me", "Rip", and "Burn". I'd like to be able to add labels to the others. Is there a way to do this?

Also, I'd love to be able to add a play/pause/stop combo to the toolbar. No chance that's doable, is there?

Thanks a bunch for any tips,
Bob

shelly

RE:Selective Text Labels
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 01:45:51 pm »

In Customize Toolbar, select "Show Text Labels" in the dropdown box for "Text Options"

Shelly

Bob W

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 02:08:50 pm »

Thanks Shelly, but I've gotten that far. What I'm looking to do is modify the text for the icons; especially for the 'Selective Text' option. When I turn on selective text only the few I mentioned have any text, and I'd like to add text to some of the others.

Thanks again!
Bob

shelly

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 03:06:43 pm »

Bob,

I don't mean to be redundant, but I just want to be sure that I understand what you are asking.  Did you choose "show text labels" in the Text Options list?  "Selective text on right" only shows text for a limited number of icons, whereas "show text labels" displays labels for all of the icons.

Shelly

Galley

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2002, 08:19:23 am »

I understand what Bob wants to do, and I agree, it would be a nice option.

Bob W

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2002, 09:55:07 am »

Shelly, it's no problem.

I agree with your assesment of 'Show Text Labels' and 'Selective Text on Right'... I see the same functionality. What I'd like to know is how to set which icons show 'selective text', and how I can add or modify which ones show the text, and what that text says.

For instance, it seems very odd to me (and I would like to change) that the Previous button shows selective text but the Next button does not.

Bob

shelly

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2002, 10:38:22 am »

duh.... It finally penetrated my skull!

"Selective" text should translate to 'user selected' rather than 'preselected.'  I vaguely remember an option for selective text on left, sometime ago, but maybe that's because it would be logical.  

Shelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up