INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.333  (Read 3309 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.333
« on: July 19, 2002, 10:47:05 am »

Media Jukebox 8.0.333 is available for download:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox80333.exe

History:
1. Fixed: Switch from full screen mode to windowed did not refresh internal MJ display area.
2. Fixed: Playing Now would not jump to the currently playing track if the list was sorted and previous button was pressed.
3. Fixed: Main menubar was not working correctly.
4. Fixed: CDDB proxy settings were not reset after disabling proxy.

ZRocker

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.333
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 11:22:17 am »

Bug:
1. With MEGA-ME skinning enabled, if you have the Media File Propeties window up and use a menu key accelarator (like Alt-T), MJ draws the Min, Max and Close buttons as if no MEGA-ME skin is enabled (on top of the Media File Prop's actual skinned buttons).

Jeff Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 12:30:27 pm »

Just checked and this version seems to have the same problem as I posted about in the previous version:

---

If I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer that contains MP3 files and select Media Jukebox | Play, MJ 8.0.331 crashes. This only happens if MJ isn't running already. If it is running it works properly.

I can supply any machine / version info or the dump info if no one else can reproduce this.

---

Cheers,
Jeff

jrc_co

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 12:31:47 pm »

I've always updated when notified when running MJ. When downloding from this notice, can I just download and install, or do I have to uninstall my current MJ, 8.0.320? Being 8.60 mb, it looks like a full version of MJ, and not just an update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 12:37:47 pm »

Install over your old 8.0.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

nivw

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2002, 01:12:58 pm »

Here is a bug I get which wasn't confirmed by other users, It has to do with using the keyboard when editing the Id3 tag.

- Playing some tracks...
- Clicking to see properties of the current track
- clicking the genere
- as it was empty I started to spell H..i...p
- clicking ALT-down arrow to open the box
- choosing hip hop with the arrows and enter
- clicking tab to next field
- previos field didn't update and still shows hip

May I have a confirmation on this?

Niv

Marty3d

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2002, 01:16:43 pm »

2. Fixed: Playing Now would not jump to the currently playing track if the list was sorted and previous button was pressed.

Hi again! Sorry to bother you guys, especially after fixing the playing now issues I had. But, I found another quirk that shouldn't be there. It seems that the updating routine maybe isn't that healthy that it should?

This one is probably connected with the previous problems I found. Anyway, I found that if you play any song in the 'playing now' list, make sure it's marked...or actually, if ANY song is marked, scroll to another position in the list so that the marked song isn't visible and then play next or previous track. Voila! The list doesn't move to the current position anymore!

Do you see what I mean?

Thanks alot, MJ is worth more than I spent on register the program!

Edited:
Whoops! I noticed that I mixed stuff up. To render the list unupdateable (just made that word up), just scroll away from the playing song, then it doesn't work anymore!

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2002, 01:23:16 pm »

This one is probably connected with the previous problems I found. Anyway, I found that if you play any song in the 'playing now' list, make sure it's marked...or actually, if ANY song is marked, scroll to another position in the list so that the marked song isn't visible and then play next or previous track. Voila! The list doesn't move to the current position anymore!

That's the idea.  If you scroll away, it won't jump back and mess you up.  However, if the last file to play was visible, MJ will make sure the next one is too.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

shelly

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2002, 01:26:55 pm »

If I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer that contains MP3 files and select Media Jukebox | Play, MJ 8.0.331 crashes. This only happens if MJ isn't running already. If it is running it works properly.

Works fine on my system.  Have you installed this current build, Jeff?

Windows XP Pro
MJ 8.0.333

shelly

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2002, 01:38:59 pm »

nivw,

Here is a bug I get which wasn't confirmed by other users, It has to do with using the keyboard when editing the Id3 tag.
- Playing some tracks...
- Clicking to see properties of the current track
- clicking the genere
- as it was empty I started to spell H..i...p
- clicking ALT-down arrow to open the box
- choosing hip hop with the arrows and enter
- clicking tab to next field
- previos field didn't update and still shows hip

May I have a confirmation on this?

Yes, I can confirm that behavior but I'm not sure that the field is designed to function in the method described.  I add a genre by typing the first 1 or 2 characters and pressing the down arrow until the appropriate value is displayed. The field is updated when the focus is moved to another field or properties are saved.

Shelly

Tuber

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2002, 01:51:50 pm »

I've tried downloading 8.0.333 three times (via Internet Explorer and dial-up) and each time I try to install it, Windows tells me it's not "a valid Win32 application." The icon for the program in Windows Explorer is the generic Windows program icon (not the normal jukebox icon). I'm running Windows 98SE. The file size I come up with is 9,015,365.

A few other programs I've downloaded today seem to have done just fine. Anybody have any idea what's up?

Marty3d

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2002, 02:11:07 pm »

To Matt:

That's the idea. If you scroll away, it won't jump back and mess you up. However, if the last file to play was visible, MJ will make sure the next one is too.

Ah ok...haven't seen the behaviour before :) I find it useful to let MJ update the view even if the song isn't in focus. That way it's easy to find it (or the other ones you're playing) in the list, instead of having to scroll manually to locate it. Maybe a "jump to currently playing" function or similar could work? It could be placed in the rightclick menu where the song is displayed (bottom left) ... just an idea.

At least I know it's not a bug...just in my own mind :)

TURBO

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2002, 02:18:09 pm »

I do have a problem. It doesn't do it every time but when I am playing MPCs and I go settings/Plugins Manager/ and click all the encoders and imput plugins, MJ crashes. Dont know why.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.333
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 107 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1067
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1067
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2002, 04:57:09 am »

MJ has some inconsistent behaviour when dealing with internal images in files. This is not specific for build 333, but happens in previous builds too.

For details, please read this post.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2002, 07:53:49 am »

Cd-burning track selection seems confused again.  I highlight a playlist name, and click Send-To CD burner.  The CD Writing Mode dialog appears, and I select 'Audio'.    I then click 'Burn CD' to begin burning, and the CD Writing Mode dialog appears again.  I click Audio again, and no tracks are in the CD Burning window.  

Trying another approach - if I select the tracks in my playlist, rt-click and choose 'copy', then click Burn CD-Audio-Paste, the CD Writing mode dialog appears repeatedly (I am guessing once per track in the clipboard).

How do I get tracks into the CD Burning queue in this version?

PROBLEM RESOLVED: The tracks were held on an unavailable network share.  It might be useful to get the 'none of the tracks could be played/burned' in this condition.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2002, 08:53:58 am »

This is strange.  The first letter (capital) in all my albums in the content pane comes out weird.  It doesn't happen anywhere else (properties, file location, etc), only under "Albums" in the content pane.  It doesn't matter which font I select.  Anyone else have this problem?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

AlonsoN

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2002, 09:33:24 am »

Some problems, issues, etc:

(all with Shuffle OFF)
-When on a playlist and select Send To> PN> Add(Shuffle) then all tracks BELOW the first track are shuffled.  The first track in the playlist is not shuffled and it should be.

-Also When on a playlist and select Send To> PN> Add(Shuffle) and there are track in PN then all tracks are shuffled.  I thought that the added tracks would be shuffled, then added to PN.  As it it you can't say, put up a few tracks that you want to play in order, then add some others shuffled.  If you want to shuffle all, then add and select Reshuffle.

-In Properties, when Save and MJ takes a bit to save the files SOMETIMES (I think toward then end of the save cycle, when MJ is getting ready to repaint, or is repainting the screen) if I click on MJ the click will fall through MJ to the application below MJ and bring it to the front.  Very disconcerting, and could cause folks to grumble abount MJ acting 'Odd'

shelly

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2002, 10:48:10 am »

-In Properties, when Save and MJ takes a bit to save the files SOMETIMES (I think toward then end of the save cycle, when MJ is getting ready to repaint, or is repainting the screen) if I click on MJ the click will fall through MJ to the application below MJ and bring it to the front. Very disconcerting, and could cause folks to grumble abount MJ acting 'Odd'

I've been seeing the same strange behavior, except that I don't need to click on MJ after depressing the save button for it to fall behind the application used just prior (generally, IE).  It does seem to be taking longer now to save, but I'm not complaining, as the stability is excellent.

Tuber

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2002, 11:37:36 am »

Here's a quick follow up on a menu bar display annoyance I've mentioned in a couple of other threads. My main menu bar (file, edit, etc.) has the individual buttons appearing in white (instead of gray) in unskinned mode. Running the cursor over the buttons turns them gray (and they stay gray for that windows session).

I've updated to the latest video driver for my card (an ATI 3D Rage Pro w/ 8MB) and I'm still experiencing the problem. I've not had this issue arise with other software. I'm running Win 98SE. I imagine this is kinda low priority for JRiver, but I thought I'd let you know.

Install Path: C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 598 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 223 MB
Resource Info: System - 42 %, GDI - 69 %, User - 42 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

gvag

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2002, 01:46:34 pm »

You missed these in your fixed list.

• Tag updating speed is much improved
  • fixed - Drag select in Artist/Album/unassigned
  • fixed - Rename files from properties.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2002, 04:39:54 pm »

One new feature: i have my all musics in one single paste and my ideia is that a new feature that will create a Artist/Album subdirectories to separate all the tracks, you have this feature but is necessary to decode them.

NY40Male

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2002, 06:40:15 pm »

MPC tagging is messed up again
    converted some ape to mpc
    and all the tags were gone
    was good in the previous build
    maybe its just me..who knows

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
    « Reply #22 on: July 21, 2002, 11:24:16 pm »

NY40Male,

I already reported this problem before. Build 327 had problems with both OGG and MPC. Build 329 fixed the OGG tagging problems, but the MPC tagging problems still remain. The J River folks should be working on it, but I get the impression that this particular problem is not that easy to find or fix.

Check out my posts and Nikolay's replies in these threads:
    http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact//NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=12015
    (my original post, describing the problem)
    http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact//NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=12057
    (the post about build 329, fixed the problem with OGG, but not with MPC)
    http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact//NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=12083
    (the post about build 330xi, Nikolay confirmed the MPC problem)

JNKH

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2002, 01:58:12 am »

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1295 MHz MMX
    Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 366 MB
    OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
    ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.

I've tested the new build, and I have a problem which I've reported a couple of times, and I hope there is a fix.  The problem is getting worse.

Using NOW PLAYING, under the TRACK list, when I click the RIGHT mouse, a menu is expected to be displayed.  When I right click my mouse, the MM process in the task manager goes to NOT RESPONDING for 4-5 secs, and then it respawns back, and the MENU displays up.  This slows down my system alot.  I do not see this problem when I use MM on my notebook.

After upgrading to 8.0.333, when I right click my mouse, I have to do it several times before the MENU pops up.  It does not always pop up.

Vlad,

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2002, 08:00:35 am »

My usual habit is to duck across to another application (Interact usually) while the ripper talks to CDDB. If an album confirmation dialoge pops up in the mean time, then you cannot get focus back on MJ. This was also happening to me with the CDDB error dialogue when I was having connection problems.

At that time I used to kill MJ via Task Manager and fire it up again. Tonight I discovered that if you close all your windows one by one, the CDDB dialogue is at the bottom.

System details are:

Media Jukebox  8.0.333

CPU: Intel Pentium III 1003 MHz MMX
    Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 413 MB
    OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
    ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
    Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718
    wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.

Andreas Richter

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2002, 03:48:59 am »

Hi,
    This also fixed crashing when ripping with 8.0.329. BTW the check for update doesn't download this version. 8.0.329 completely hoses my CDROM. I actually have to reboot to get it back.
    Andy

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
    « Reply #26 on: July 23, 2002, 08:27:12 am »

Jim Hillegass
    JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
    Pages: [1]   Go Up