INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remotes for JRiver Media Center -- Your suggestions?  (Read 23862 times)

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Remotes for JRiver Media Center -- Your suggestions?
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 04:45:45 am »

I'm using Netremote on one of my systems as this allows me to browse my audio library without having to ue a screen, and also allows me to control multiple zones from anywhere in the house.

Using NetRemote separate from from Vista PC on a wall-mounted touchscreen to operate a remote PC with multiple zones.

http://www.lazyautomation.com/?p=4

LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.

proctor

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2009, 11:36:35 am »

I use the intelliremote with MJ River V13.  When I switch from teather view to display view, the intelliremote software lost the focus on Media Center.  It looks like when the Media center switches to display view is running another program than media center

I have to click on the video screen using the mouse to get back the focus on media Center.

Any have idea about the program running ?

rowens

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2009, 11:01:37 am »

I use the intelliremote with MJ River V13.  When I switch from teather view to display view, the intelliremote software lost the focus on Media Center.  It looks like when the Media center switches to display view is running another program than media center

I have to click on the video screen using the mouse to get back the focus on media Center.

I just upgraded from MC12 to the latest version of MC13 and i'm having the same issue using LM Gestion/Harmony remote.  I have to click the video screen to get the remote to work.  It worked fine previously.  Any way to fix this?

Thx

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2009, 09:49:54 am »

This happens to me regularly as well with Girder and my Firefly remote.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2009, 09:29:03 am »

Build 140 is out now.  Support for Microsoft MC remotes is about finished.  A few changes in Theater View navigation, too.

We'd like to choose one more remote or class of remotes to support thoroughly.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2009, 10:52:20 am »

I'd really, really love to see built-in support for the Snapstream Firefly remotes.  They are very capable remotes, and available widely (Amazon sells them).  They are also RF remotes, which is quite nice (I would never, ever use an IR remote again for my computer).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2009, 05:37:58 pm »

Does it not make a lot of sense to use an itouch / iphone as MC remote device? This works fine with itunes. In my opinion regular remotes without graphical interface offer only limited use. The ability to search through MC's library with a remote, using playlists and smartlists, changing zones, changing tags, applying the theater view, ...

That's what I would find as the perfect remote solution!

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2009, 12:39:20 pm »

Build 140 is out now.  Support for Microsoft MC remotes is about finished.  A few changes in Theater View navigation, too.

I vote for thorough support of the Harmony series of remotes and specifically the Harmony One. It has tremendous WAF!  And I love it too!

Thanks,
Rod

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2009, 08:31:30 pm »

I vote for thorough support of the Harmony series of remotes and specifically the Harmony One. It has tremendous WAF!  And I love it too!

Thanks,
Rod

This remote is the ducks guts. This may prove difficult, however, as the Harmony simply clones other remotes, it doesn't emit it's own specific codes.

I'd simply like to see more programmable / learnable options in the receiver plugins. Whatever you can do with a keystroke or MCE remote button should be possible to program in the plugins. I know this is probably harder to actually wite into the plugin than it sounds though...

I'd LOVE to be able to program a 1-press-send-to-s3 action, too... The command is obvioulsy available because you can do it in 5 clicks in theatre view. Why not one press?

Jasperm

• Recent member
Remotes - Streamzap
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2009, 01:07:02 pm »

Hi - I think I have worked out a pretty inexpensive solution that seems to work well.  I got a streamzap remote and receiver - about $30.  I downloaded free version of LM Remote (and the version with more features is only about $20).  LM Remote lets you map all the keys, and I think you can have key press execute a program.  You can send media center core commands via command line interface, so these could be programmed to keys and you could do virtually anything. Only disadvantage is lack of a lot of extra keys on remote.

If you wanted to get really obsessive, you could get additional definitions by creating more than one profile in LM remote, and using a few keys to choose the profile that was active - that way you could change definitions on the fly.  You'd just have to remember what you had mapped to all those keys....

Not as fancy as other solutions, but can do the whole thing for $30 - $50. LM Remote seems quite simple to program.

Michael

rick.ca

« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2009, 04:47:05 pm »

Only disadvantage is lack of a lot of extra keys on remote.

You may find LM Remote's (registered version) ability to create nested and multipress menus a better solution. Using multiple profiles can have unpredictable results, as well as having to remember the mappings—and which profile is in use.

gappie

Re: Remotes - Streamzap
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2009, 05:37:55 pm »

Hi - I think I have worked out a pretty inexpensive solution that seems to work well.  I got a streamzap remote and receiver - about $30.  I downloaded free version of LM Remote (and the version with more features is only about $20).  LM Remote lets you map all the keys, and I think you can have key press execute a program.  You can send media center core commands via command line interface, so these could be programmed to keys and you could do virtually anything. Only disadvantage is lack of a lot of extra keys on remote.

If you wanted to get really obsessive, you could get additional definitions by creating more than one profile in LM remote, and using a few keys to choose the profile that was active - that way you could change definitions on the fly.  You'd just have to remember what you had mapped to all those keys....

Not as fancy as other solutions, but can do the whole thing for $30 - $50. LM Remote seems quite simple to program.

Michael

i also use a streamzap for some years  now. and it really works well.  i use it with girder 4. there is a lot you can do with it.

:)
gab

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:11 am »

Supprised not more are using the Gyration media Remote. You get the best of pointing selection like a WII remote and you can also use the buttons. It is also programable.

It has the MCE green button but I haven't tried it since MC supported it. I am running XP on my HTPC.

I also use the out of the box Hauppauge 43 button. It is a pain to map the keys but I have posted them on the forum before.

Harmony 880 is nice but after using the Gyration it is the first one I grab.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2009, 03:17:09 am »

Does it not make a lot of sense to use an itouch / iphone as MC remote device? This works fine with itunes. In my opinion regular remotes without graphical interface offer only limited use. The ability to search through MC's library with a remote, using playlists and smartlists, changing zones, changing tags, applying the theater view, ...

That's what I would find as the perfect remote solution!

amen... basically a lcd remote desktop remote, with a\v learning capability.. that would sell like hotcakes!  and needs to be rf or bluetooth for long distances  and through walls, outside by bar\bonfire etc.. how sweet would that be.. be outside and be able to see your jriver on the remote and change playlists, see who the next artist is etc...

I'd DEF. Be SOLD! especially since no such thing exsists yet... hmmmmmmmmmm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up