INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving Theater View playlists and the OSK - Where's the CLEAR button gone?  (Read 2148 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

When saving playlists in Theater View, I've never been a huge fan with the way MC defaults to saving ALL lists in the "Theater View" folder. I would like to choose whatever available folder I have - remembered between sessions. This also brings me to my next point: Why was the CLEAR button removed from the On Screen Keyboard? It's sooooo tedious to have to BACKSPACE through the default playlist name (Theater View\<date><time>) everytime I want to create a new one when I used to be able to remove it with one simple button click.

I use the save playlist feature in Theater View a lot and these simple tweeks would make the whole experience much better.

Thanks.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Saving Theater View playlists and the OSK - Where's the CLEAR button gone?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 04:19:41 am »

I asked about it awhile back ... apparently removed because it was causing confusion with the backspace key. I don't know how "backspace" and "clear" could be confusing if you know the meaning of each. So ATM, we're stuck with too many backspace clicks to clear the search box. I vote for bringing it back.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Saving Theater View playlists and the OSK - Where's the CLEAR button gone?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:41:01 pm »

... apparently removed because it was causing confusion with the backspace key. I don't know how "backspace" and "clear" could be confusing if you know the meaning of each. So ATM, we're stuck with too many backspace clicks to clear the search box. I vote for bringing it back.

How on Earth could "Backspace" be confused with "Clear"  :-\ ?  Even if it was to some, couldn't the CLEAR button have simply been renamed rather than losing the functionality altogether?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up