INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strong featuers of MJ8  (Read 709 times)

Durgame

Strong featuers of MJ8
« on: July 19, 2002, 09:18:27 am »

Hi All,

To balance the problems (real or imaginary) we psot here, I'd like to list the things we like about MJ, with some reasons behind them.
Sort of, your favorite feature.  It's OK to have more than one :-)

I have some that I will list, if it becomes a popular thread.  Just have to calm down from posting a vent.

The developers could use them (possibly) in their add work.

Durgame

dragyn

RE:Strong featuers of MJ8
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 01:43:26 pm »

I like the smartlists myself. I've set up my library to include playlist=library for all views.

"Library" contains the songs that MJ will display. So what this means is if I import off the LAN, I can set up another smartlist for that lan.

For example. I have playlist=GTX which contains location=V:\ (mapped drive). Whenever that computer is not connected, I type -playlist=gtx in "Library" and MJ automatically hides the songs on that computer.

Pretty cool stuff! I have 2 LAN computers that are setup in smartlists instead of having multiple libraries. This way I can keep the library updated more easily.

I use it for other stuff like rating, type etc. to display only what I want it to without modifiy ALL the view schemes each time. I have more things, maybe later.

Bob W

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 02:32:52 pm »

I haven't been using MJ too long so I'm not gonna be too specific, but I'll jump on board with old news and say that the customizability of MJ is unparalleled and just plain fantastic IMHO.

Smart playlists, view schemes, advanced searching.... I get giddy thinking about! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee :).

Bob

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 05:03:01 pm »

I like the help file
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up