INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When it works, it works - otherwise Reboot  (Read 698 times)

Durgame

When it works, it works - otherwise Reboot
« on: July 19, 2002, 08:35:59 am »

Hi,

Using v 8.0331.  The sequence and interlocks in the Burn CD area still need some work.  If you do not follow the exact magic path, you will paint yourself into a corner or crash MJ.

Almost too complicated to explain in words.  In short, did not have a blank in the CD-R/W so MJ complained.  I put one in and clicked start - it crashed.  This is just one.

The are some counter-intuitive choices as well.  Some misleading displays.  If you put a blank after selecting the songs, display still shows "No CD", but it will burn.  Minor perhaps, but for a great app that this could be - still needs work.

Durgame

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:When it works, it works - otherwise Reboot
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 08:45:48 am »

Wow...never had those problems (meaning, I don't have to jump through hoops to keep MJ from crashing).  Like most PC crap, it's probably all very hardware and software combination specific (which does suck).

Sian Temple

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 08:51:02 am »

I had that problem with the client ICQ. I never got it sorted, they tried, but there was nothing i could do.

Durgame

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 09:07:44 am »

ZRocker,

> I don't have to jump through hoops to keep MJ from crashing

I do not have to jump, just walk a very predictable path.  Meaning, put the blank in first, select the burner, select the songs, etc.  Otherwise, have to start from the beginning.  Crashes are not much of a problem in that process - had maybe a total of 3 in burning.

If you try to burn apes, the decoding process takes some time.  If something goes wrong, back to square one.

These "features" will keep new users away from MJ.  I've invested the $25 and the time to learn what not to do by now and will keep using MJ.  Others may not be so patient.  The negative reviews I've read had to do with these very issues (plus an intursive crack checking).

For novices MJ8 is "very tricky" to learn :-))  

At least one Web App is braging about "not having to use back button" - that's what I'm talking about.  If you get my drift.
It takes good sequence design in an involved piece of software such as this.  

Durgame

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 09:30:44 am »

Durgame,
Do you have Nero INCD installed?

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Durgame