INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miniview not always on top  (Read 1720 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Miniview not always on top
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:34:21 pm »

I'm finding that my mini-view window is not staying always on top even though I have that option selected. Is this a known problem and/or is there anything I can do about it? I'm runnig on Vista x64, if it matters.

krosenqu

• Recent member
Re: Miniview not always on top
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:14:50 am »

I have the same problem.  I've searched around and haven't seen any topics on the issue though.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:06:40 am »

Go to 'standard view'

Click on "View > Skins > " and pick a mini view skin other than slim, 'fluxion' for example
Right click on the skin, from the menu, choose options > always on top
Go back to standard view, go back into the skins menu, choose Slim, and you should now find that it is always on top.

-marko.

krosenqu

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 02:09:55 am »

Ha!  Worked!  Thank you for the quick and precise reply.  Do they know about this bug and the workaround that's needed to fix it? 

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 02:16:34 am »

It's been like that since Slim's introduction during v12 development. I cannot speak for JRiver, but I'd say they are aware of it, yes. This little exchange of ours will have placed it back on the radar for a short while. I guess it will be addressed as and when resources allow.

-marko

krosenqu

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 03:16:52 am »

It's been like that since Slim's introduction during v12 development. I cannot speak for JRiver, but I'd say they are aware of it, yes. This little exchange of ours will have placed it back on the radar for a short while. I guess it will be addressed as and when resources allow.

-marko

Just found this answer the same question as the OP.  Using windows7 and this fix works.  I wonder if they are ever going to fix this bug?  I thought by mc13 they would have caught it.

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:36:32 am »

I always have my non-Slim mini-view skin always on top and haven't really had a problem. I did notice that using build 169 yesterday that it did disappear once and I had to fight to get it back on top. Hopefully it was just a fluke.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up