INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Stars in Playback Info Area  (Read 1198 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Custom Stars in Playback Info Area
« on: July 21, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »

Right click, Show Ratings.  Great feature.  Rate the song while you browse other content.  BUT: what about those of us who use custom rating fields?  This is needed if more than one person wants to store a rating and you don't want to completely rely on the MC database.

Can any 5-star fields show up under Ratings?

Show Ratings
Show Ben's Rating

Hopefully a person wouldn't have more than 4 or 5 max here but even if they did, the list is so short that it probably wouldn't matter.  The key is to have the editable stars rather than an integer read-only output of rating (which is possible already).

Does this make sense?  Would be very helpful for me!  How many others use a custom rating field?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Custom Stars in Playback Info Area
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 01:38:22 am »

I'd like to use one custom rating field, but I do not because I'm not able to set this custom rating into the Playback Info Area. Without this ability it's worthless for me using more than one rating field :(

Another question is: MC has the option to share ratings. Should MC share all our custom ratings then or only the standard rating field?

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Custom Stars in Playback Info Area
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 08:54:09 am »

I think MC should detect what fields are 5-star rating fields.  Now that they have that option, it is easy!  I just don't like it when I use another generic playback program that doesn't allow custom fields.

Still not sure why with the new 5-star field why it couldn't be setup to allow for an arbitrary number of stars (1 to 10 perhaps?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up