INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: file numbers inconsistency  (Read 1600 times)

Hawaii

• Recent member
file numbers inconsistency
« on: March 04, 2009, 04:55:09 pm »

Dear Sirs, I imported my files from an external hardrive containing over 147000 files. The import into MC 12 resulted in a little over 117000 files. Missing are around 30000 files. The hardrive is 1T capacity. Any ideas on how to get a complete import? Regards

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: file numbers inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 04:58:38 pm »

Run import again on the same folder.  At the end, look at the report.  It lists any files it failed to import.

Remember it will only import file types you've checked on the import dialog.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hawaii

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 05:04:59 pm »

I have run import  a couple of times. The summary shows 550 odd files as having failed the import process. I was told that MC could not read everything off a single large disk and was better reading of 2 or 3 smaller sized disks. Is there any truth in this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:11:58 pm »

I have run import  a couple of times. The summary shows 550 odd files as having failed the import process. I was told that MC could not read everything off a single large disk and was better reading of 2 or 3 smaller sized disks. Is there any truth in this?

It should be no problem reading from any disk.  147,000 files should also be no problem.

I think you'll need to figure out the name of one of the files that isn't imported and try viewing it from Drives & Devices in the player.  See if the "missing" file will show up.  If it will, you can right-click it there and import it.  If it won't show up, we'll try to figure out why.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hawaii

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 05:28:57 pm »

will do. BTW, how do I change my details in profile, specifically my name as viewed in these messages. I enter my password but still cannot edit this part.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 05:36:13 pm »

You can change your "Name".  That's what gets displayed.  I just changed it to andrewh. 

Click on your name on any post and you'll be able to edit.  You could also click on "Profile" above.  There is also "Help" above.

If you can't do it, just post what you want and I'll change it.

Hawaii

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 05:41:24 pm »

That will do............Thx

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 06:37:23 pm »

You can change your "Name".  That's what gets displayed.  I just changed it to andrewh. 

Click on your name on any post and you'll be able to edit.  You could also click on "Profile" above.  There is also "Help" above.

If you can't do it, just post what you want and I'll change it.

On my profile it will not let me edit this, are you sure standard users have this access Jim?
On my own SMF Forum I do and I can edit it, but here I can't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up