INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Requests  (Read 1451 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
TV Requests
« on: March 06, 2009, 06:31:42 pm »

I would like to be able to force TV channels be listed (instead of programs) first in theater view.  By default, programs are listed.  Or remember where the user last was?  That would be a clean implementation.

Can network images be added to replace the large TV icon?  I don't see the point of adding to programs because they don't automatically populate and would take a lot of time to populate manually.

What are the optimal settings for fast television playback?  I have slight difficulty playing 720p signals and was wondering if there were some ways to optimize things.  Otherwise, the only option seems to be a hardware upgrade.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: TV Requests
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:39:24 pm »

I would like to be able to force TV channels be listed (instead of programs) first in theater view.  By default, programs are listed.  Or remember where the user last was?  That would be a clean implementation.

Can you do this in Tools>Options>Theater View?

Can network images be added to replace the large TV icon?  I don't see the point of adding to programs because they don't automatically populate and would take a lot of time to populate manually.

These do auto-populate if you use xmltv and run the auto update option, although I do agree the ability to add channel logo's would be a nice touch.

What are the optimal settings for fast television playback?  I have slight difficulty playing 720p signals and was wondering if there were some ways to optimize things.  Otherwise, the only option seems to be a hardware upgrade.

I use Cyberlink DVD codec via Let DirectShow choose and AC3Filter. It's the only one I've got to work without stutter. It's not free, but worth it...

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:14:30 pm »

I own the Cyberlink product and use it for DVDs.  It's the only one that works well with DVDs.  Like I said, though, it doesn't work for me with HD playback on some machines.  How do you set up xmltv?  I would really like images to pre-populate!  So far I had just been using the over the air signal, which leaves a bit to be desired.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »

have you figured out how enable XMLTV?

just got my card today.. and noticing all channels are just tv's. no channel logo's artwork.

I'm Using OTA as well
Pages: [1]   Go Up