INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Smart playlists to Ipods?  (Read 955 times)

Matt22

• Recent member
Adding Smart playlists to Ipods?
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:59:25 am »

I was just wondering if it were at all possible to create a smart playlist and then copy it onto an iPod? Its possible in iTunes but I can't see a way with this particular Media Center.

If it is possible to do that, would it be possible to make it live update? (as in I create a smart playlist...say of 2 hours worth of tracks that have a bpm between 115 and 130...and then make it so it changes randomly every time I plug in and run JRiver)?

bhageman

• Recent member
Re: Adding Smart playlists to Ipods?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:32:29 pm »

Plug-in your iPod. Right-click on it in "Drives & Devices" and select "Options". You'll see a list of playlists. Click on the list to sync the list contents to your iPod on the next sync.

Regarding a playlist that swaps out content: I have a playlist that I call "Favs Not Played Recently". It is a smartlist of songs with 4-5 stars that I haven't played in the last week. I haven't really watched it closely, but MC does appear to be moving songs off the iPod and replacing them with new content as the smartlist updates (not sure if an iPod play counts or if it is just using MC plays).

So, for your example, create a smartlist of two hours of music that hasn't been played in the last xx days. Then select this smartlist in your iPod options.

Make sure to check "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" in your iPod options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up