INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto import: can it be set to only import when I press 'run auto-import now'?  (Read 1239 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

If I add folders to auto import, and I disable 'run auto-import in the background', does this mean that it will only import when I manually press 'run auto-import now'?

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

If I add folders to auto import, and I disable 'run auto-import in the background', does this mean that it will only import when I manually press 'run auto-import now'?

Exactly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team

Is it possible to import from two folders at once without having to run Auto-Import?

My Auto-Import list is filled with lots of folders. It takes about 6 minutes to run, and I run it daily just before synchronizing my laptop database & thumbnail folder with the htpc.

However, my workflow usually involves needing to import from just 2 folders; say "Photos to Import" and "emusic to import". When I know I just put new content there, I would like to be able to import just those folders, shaving off lots of time from the 6 minutes.  The Import box allows for just one folder at a time, and since I use unc paths everywhere, it can get confusing (ie \\Lizzy\Media (m)\Photos to Import or is it \\Lizzy Media (m)\Pictures to Import...? etc).

I know I could browse to the folder, select all files, and right-click Import. But I would have to do that for each folder, and I would have to remember to browse using Network rather than local so that the unc paths get entered into the filename (path) field.

If it can't be done, then might I suggest as a future enhancement the ability to:
  • add more than one folder at a time in the Import dialog box; or
  • make the list of auto import folders selectable, so that we can choose to run auto-import on just a few folders
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Lasse_Lus

lise, you can use MC13 for that

in a bat file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mc13.exe /silentimport "B:\lizzy pictures\"

or as a parameter

MT5FR

lise

• MC Beta Team

Brilliant!  Thanks Lasse_Lus!
Pages: [1]   Go Up