INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Shell integration problem with MC 13.0.132 and MC12 on the same HTPC  (Read 1250 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

On my HTPC I have both MC12 and MC13 installed.
On MC12 I have disabled Shell integration, but it is enabled in MC13.

Up until the last release of MC13, I could right click on a selection of files in Windows Explorer and choose to import into Media Center. MC13 would launch and all was well. Since the latest build, doing this same manoeuvre results in MC12 launching and beginning to import the files.

Just thought someone should know about this and see if it merits looking into.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

You might open Media Center 12, go into Options, view the shell extension setting, then click OK for it to be reapplied.

Do the same in Media Center 13.

We'll also take a look on our end.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team

my experience of this is that the shell extensions appear to bind to the last opened version of MC

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

my experience of this is that the shell extensions appear to bind to the last opened version of MC

Thanks, Marko - good observation. I thought it was related to the build of MC I was running, but you're probably right.
Ah, this does seem like it may be true. Even if MC13 was running all along, and never quit, if you launch MC12 later and exit it, the next time you use the shell extensions, it applies to MC12, even if it means launching MC12 while MC13 is running. Perhaps this behaviour could be changed?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

You might open Media Center 12, go into Options, view the shell extension setting, then click OK for it to be reapplied.

Do the same in Media Center 13.

We'll also take a look on our end.

I'm pretty sure, that's what I've done. Thanks for taking a look at the issue brought up by Marko if it's deemed worthy. I guess I have a workaround for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up