INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resolving TV Playback Issues  (Read 2732 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Resolving TV Playback Issues
« on: March 09, 2009, 07:25:32 pm »

Sorry for having created so many threads.  I'm lost in the confusion already.  The key problem that I would like solved if possible is slow and skipping 720p television playback.  Played through Video Lan Player, it is smooth as butter.  In Media Center, 720p (only) has some problems.  As I described previously, the only video renderer I can get to even work on my primary HTPC is Enhanced.  The others either show nothing at all or crash Media Center.  Please let me know how I can help resolve this and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Like I said, my only comparison is VLC which plays the video great.  So the computer should be powerful enough.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Resolving TV Playback Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 07:36:15 pm »

You only mention which video renderer you used.  Did you check decoder use?  Try different video decoders.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

benn600

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 08:13:42 pm »

Thank you Yaobing, you have pointed me in the right direction.  I just installed the CCCP and upon selecting it with renderer 9, the video is perfect.  I will keep trying different settings and report back.  I don't notice a burst of audio, silence, and then TV anymore...so that is one small issue fixed.  And the video is smooth, too!  I still like PowerDVD for DVD decoding, though.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 08:32:51 pm »

I run cyberlink decoder with AC3Filter. It's literally the only one I could get to work no problem, including CCCP...

benn600

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 10:13:01 pm »

Strange.  My best setup is CCCP with legacy video renderer.  With this, I can use hue, saturation, etc.  None of the other video renderers were satisfactory with CCCP.

Also even stranger is that HD television plays back on all of my home theater PCs except ONE.  This one is the fastest I have and is an exact hardware duplicate of the one in the theater.  Our great room + theater HTPC are built from the same hardware all around (except PSU).  I have tried everything and cannot get it to work properly.  The symptom is that HD video just doesn't display -- black screen.  But audio plays fine.

This includes a 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 system which is below the minimum requirements of 2.4 GHz P4 for my tuner...and it plays VERY well.  I will say there is a small bit of noticeable issue but it's infrequent and not bad at all.  So what is going on with this other system that just shows black??
Pages: [1]   Go Up