INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comodo Anti Virus  (Read 2022 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Comodo Anti Virus
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:54:16 am »

Does anyone here have experience with Comodo Anti Virus?
We're looking for free anti-virus which can be used on commercial machines. 
This is the only serious one I've come across.
We're about to put out hundreds (and hopefully eventually thousands) of ghosted machines, so even a small license fee eats some what in to our profits.  Why anyone would produce such software for free is kind of beyond me... but there you go.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Comodo Anti Virus
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:37:30 pm »

I use Comodo Internet Security. It's their new product which includes AV and Firewall. It's possible to install only the AV or the FW components (select during install).

Personally I love Comodo Internet Security because of its powerfull firewall. I used their firewall even before they had the "All In One Package". I only can say good things about the firewall. The Defense+ module also is VERY usefull, but often freezes protected programs for about 10 seconds.

Biggest problem with Comodo is, if it's not configured correctly, you get thousends of messages (especially from Defense+, but also from FW).

It's not easy to say something about the AV module, because it's difficult to test (for me). It has many false positives up to now, but they are working hard on that (I'm observing their forum) and I can say: for me IT IS getting better. But for me its still has more than eg. Avira AntiVirPE has.
If remember correct, there was a thread on their board round 10/2008, where one of the developer stated, that a detection rate comparable with other AV-products should be reached in one year -> 10/2009.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:56:47 am »

Thanks StFeder, it's looking good so far.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:41:12 am »

i've been running comodo firewall on one of my machine, also installed it for my father..works really well...i don't use virus checkers, but i will give it a try, thanks for the tip.

best free fw (my opinon) is jetico (version 1) you get tons of messages, but i like that
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up