INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import photos from a camera  (Read 1273 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Import photos from a camera
« on: March 13, 2009, 09:54:17 am »

Hi

I have started to use MC 13 to import my photos from my camera. However I can get it to work as I want and as I'm used to when I used my previous software (Canon ZoomBrowser).

I want MC 13 to import all the photos from my camera and seperate them into folders for each date they were taken. For example:

(folder) 2009_03_01
(folder) 2009_03_03
(folder) 2009_03_08

When I use MC 13 it only creates one single folder, and the name of that folder is the date I'm importing the photos from my camera. I know I'm able to see the dates in the Calender View but I also find it convienient to have the photos placed in seperate foldes when I'm browsing the files with a regular Explorer window.

Is it possible to do this?

Many thanks for any help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import photos from a camera
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 09:56:43 am »

Select a file or two and right click.  Choose Library Tools/Move, Copy, Rename.  It allows you to move files according to any metadata.  You'll need to check the directory box.

Do a few before you do very many.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:43:18 pm »

Thanks JimH

...for a lightning fast reply :-)

Your advice worked nicely. But do you know if it’s possible to automate this procedure in MC 13? Or if there is a plug in that can do this?

Actually I would like to automate the whole process right after connecting my camera to my PC. So MC 13 would automatically launch and transfer the photos. This function was available in Canons ZoomBrowser, but as I prefer the overall use of MC 13 I would like to stick to just one program for import and organizing.

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 02:11:28 pm »

This is similar to the request I made before,  if MC would allow you to have some kind of rule as to where it imported photos it would be so much more powerful.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43143.msg294370#msg294370
Pages: [1]   Go Up