INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Can anyone Help  (Read 735 times)

fecae200

Please Can anyone Help
« on: July 18, 2002, 01:55:42 pm »

I am running Windows XP Profesinol, i am having problems with my sound and video playback.When i play a song,Video,MPG/AVI or anykind of audio file at the beginning it plays fine but then when i put the visualisation on or open internet explorer or run any other program the sound scratches and the video slows.

I am really stuck if anyone can help i would be very greatfull.

My pc Specs r:

AMD Athalon 1.2GHZ
512 MB Ram
4.1 Digital Sound Blaster card

PLease help :(

cjdshaw

RE:Please Can anyone Help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 02:45:03 pm »

Do you get the same thing when playing a video file from Windows Media Player? If so, you might try updating your sound |PLS| video drivers.

For sound files, try going to Options->Playback and making sure it is on Wave Out. Under Settings, try sliding the slider towards More Skip Resistant.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 03:05:54 pm »

Try clicking in the lower right corner of the display (visualization) window and switching to windowed mode.  Then drag the corners.  If the window is smaller, the playback will probably be better.  If that's the case, the video card isn't doing a good job of keeping up.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

fecae200

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 01:24:36 am »

It's the same with windows Media player,Winamp,Sonique,Musicmatch jukebox and media jukebox.

It could be the graphics card becouse it's an internel 64MB Nividia TNT 2 one but i have got new sound drivers and video drivers I have even downloaded Direct X 8.1

If any one else can help i would be very greatfull...

Thnx
Pages: [1]   Go Up