INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scan for TV channels  (Read 2792 times)

auwema

• I'm a llama!
Scan for TV channels
« on: March 16, 2009, 06:54:26 am »

I have MC13 installed on an AMD64 machine with Vista Ultimate 64 and a TV card Haupauge WinTV PVR PCI II
When I go to Devices and Drives\Television, then I can not scan for TV channels and when I open Configuration, MC13 finds my TV card but when I go to setting and I try to open configure, then MC 13 hangs or crasches. What could be the problem.
I want to view television with MC because it suits me better than windows MC

Greeting Roel

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Scan for TV channels
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 08:25:35 am »

That is strange.  I have an identical device in my computer.  It works.  I wonder if it has anything to do with Vista Ultimate 64.  Please attach a log file here, or email it to me.  I am yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 11:45:27 am »

Yaobing, you have another mail with the exaktly same issue
MT5FR

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 01:44:09 pm »

Thanks for the logs.

There are two issues, 1) your device failed to initialize for some reason; 2) MC crashed because of that.

I fixed the crash.  But the cause of device failure have to be diagnosed separately.  You have two different devices.

For the Hauppauge device, there was a failure to load "Hauppauge Color Format Converter 2". 

auwema, is your device a "Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150" or "Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250" or something else?  Check your system32 folder and see if you can find a file named hcwCCnv2.ax.  If you can find it, try issuing the following command to register it:

regsvr32 "C:\Windows\system32\hcwCCnv2.ax"

Note that the above is based on XP.  For Vista, the folder name may be different, and further more, you must enter the command on a command prompt that is started using an Administrator privilege.

Lasse_Lus, unfortunately I have not found a clue from your log about your specific device.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

auwema

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 08:52:14 am »

Yaobing,

The problem stays the same. I have a WinTV PVR PCI II 150 (25xxx) I located the file hcwCCnv2.ax in the system32 directory and added it to the regestry.
Started MC again and it crasches again. "Failed to add WinTV Color Format Converter 2 to graph hr=0x80040154"
Pages: [1]   Go Up