INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still having problems with MC 13  (Read 1065 times)

Freddy Twotimes

Still having problems with MC 13
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:53:02 pm »

Playback:

In MC 12 I could select a song and it would continue to play music after the song I selected played. Now it always stops after the song I selected plays. I used to select a song from main screen where all the music is from A-Z and it would play my music randomly until I closed the program and now I can't do that. Why? Do I have to create a playlist with all the links to all of my music A-Z now for it to repeat in a playlist? If I click on an artist it will only continue to play through that artists songs, but nothing else in MC.

If that can not be changed, it will be a dissapointing change from the older versions of MC. I have used MC for years and this not acting like a jukebox is not a welcome change. I don't want to have to select each song that I listen to, or be forced to only listen through that artists songs and none of the other music on MC randomly.

View:

Also, I don't like how everytime I double click it takes me to a split screen stacked with album covers. I am listening to Black Sabbath while looking at an album cover of Rick James. Can't I shut that off? Can't I stay in the details screen anymore? I don't want to see the songs by that artist stacked with incorrect album covers. I want to stay in a details screen after I have double clicked the song I want to play. I don't want to have to go into that artists songs only when I double click, I may only want to listen to that song while I continue to browse through my songs/artists details A-Z.

Can I no longer do that?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Still having problems with MC 13
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 07:47:33 pm »

Change the settings at Options - General - Behavior however you want them.

Freddy Twotimes

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:38:37 pm »

What I had to do is create a playlist, [I called it Shuffle all] copy and paste my entire library in it, and in that playlist, the music will continue to play music after the origonal song was selected. I can also double click on a song without having to go to that split screen view with a view of the album cover. To make MC 13 act like MC 12, I have to basically stay in that playlist with my music library in it.

I have had MP3's on my computer for years and they were downloaded prior to the hype about illeagal file sharing. Because I did not Rip a majority of my music off of a disc the Album art does not match the artist. I was able to get rid of the album art by highlighting my entire music library and right clicking, selecting remove cover art and allowing them to be removed from the HDD.

Now I see a musical note next to the song details or a green play arrow up top. I like that better than seeing the wrong album art for an artist.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 08:08:49 pm »

To make MC 13 act like MC 12, I have to basically stay in that playlist with my music library in it.

I don't think so. Did you try changing the options I pointed-out to you?

If I double-click on a file, that file will play, followed by all the other files showing in the view. Instead of double-clicking, I have the option of selecting some or all the files, right-clicking and selecting Play (shuffle) or one of several Add-to-playing-now options. And then there's Play (radio).

Maybe you need to let go of MC 12, and focus on learning what MC 13 can do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up