INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy File Structure?  (Read 1248 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Copy File Structure?
« on: March 19, 2009, 05:50:18 pm »

How do you copy files from one drive location to another using the Rename Copy Files tool and keep the exact sam folder path for each file?  Dragging a playlist group of files, e.g., out of media center into another drive and folder in windows explorer copies and puts all the files in that one folder.

I tried filling Base Path (destination T:\Music) and Rule FilePath() but this doesn't copy it just changes the names of the files to something like:
T:\Music\Z_\Jamey Aebersold\Minor Blues In All Keys\B Minor Blues.mp3
Z:\Jamey Aebersold\Minor Blues In All Keys\B Minor Blues.mp3

Rick

llafriel

• World Citizen
Re: Copy File Structure?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:17:48 pm »

Go to "Rename, Move & Copy files" and do a "Find & Replace" on the drive letter.
Make sure top option is set to rename.

Find what: t:\
Replace with: z:\

And as always, test with a few before doing many.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Copy File Structure?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »

That's what I do, but I really wish that whole folders could be moved, rather than just the files in the library. Sometimes there are subtitle or nfo files. Also, for VIDEO_TS folders of DVD rips, I only import the main IFO file. If you move that through the Rename, Move & Copy files you can get yourself into some trouble. So here's what I do:

I make sure that the Update Library Only (do not move files) [or whatever it's called] option is activated when I make the changes. Then I manually move the files in Explorer (or Midnight Commander on my media server) to the locations specified; MC then re-finds the data where it expects it and all is well. It's a real pain when you forget to select Update Library Only, or select it when you didn't mean to.

Pages: [1]   Go Up