INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating tags from text files  (Read 1450 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Updating tags from text files
« on: March 19, 2009, 02:17:04 am »

Is there any capability in MC to import tags from text files?

If anyone is familiar with MP3TAG, there is a capability to import various field values from text files. Very powerful, and really handy if you can't find a track listing for an album. You can copy/paste the track list from Amazon or somewhere, quick bit of text manipulation, and then imports it into whichever field(s) you want.

I've been updating some video files with text largely taken from wikipedia, and an automated utility would be very handy. It may already exist, but I've just not spotted it before... I had a quick look in the commands section to see if I could build MC commands into the text files, and somehow run that, but there was nothing obvious.

Any ideas? 

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updating tags from text files
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 04:51:16 am »

you can import everything if you can create a .mpl file

you find the file structure if you do export to mpl or xml from MC
MT5FR

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 05:30:51 pm »

I use Personal Video Database to collect and manage my movie information. It doesn't currently have a Wikipedia plugin, but a script could be added to download from there, if that's your preferred source. It will export to XML, and you can configure that in such a way that the result will import directly into MC—as Lasse_Lus points out. darichman explains how to do it here.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 03:19:55 am »

Thanks guys, I've done a quick test ofwhat I was trying to do and it seems to work fine.

But checkout the way MP3Tag does it, it's a lot smother and more flexible for occasional uploads. It would be great to have something like that in the future.

But many thanks anyway
Pages: [1]   Go Up