INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lifetime Upgrades?  (Read 2913 times)

chuckly

• Recent member
Lifetime Upgrades?
« on: December 24, 2008, 02:56:03 am »

When I first purchased MC, I bought lifetime upgrades. Currently I'm running 12.0.534. Can I upgrade, and if so, how? Thanks, Chuck

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Free Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 04:01:54 am »

I did not know that JRiver sold lifetime licenses...

Look through you recipt, if anything, it is lifetime upgrade of Media Center 12 (bugfixes etc.)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 04:12:04 am »

If they sold licenses for a lifetime of free upgrades, I think a lot more of us on here would have them! And the good folks at J River would probably be out of jobs by now.

Unless someone can tell us otherwise, it sounds like you have a a license for MC12, which you are entitled to use for as long as you want, but any new versions you have to pay for. You'll find this is certainly the case for most other software out there as well...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 06:38:07 am »

Welcome to the forum.  zirium and darichman are correct.  There are no life time licenses for MC.

You have an MC12 license purchased about a year ago.  You can upgrade to MC13 for $19.98.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Lifetime Upgrades?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 10:44:27 am »

He Maybe Confused With Music Match, They Had A Lifetime Free Upgrade (I Think They Are Now Defunct, Way To Go Yahoo Music!).
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 08:06:20 pm »

Coming from MMJB to MC is like stepping off a bicycle with a flat tire and squatting a hi-zoot motorcycle.

I paid around $70 for MMJB almost 8 years ago for its "lifetime upgrade" promise. A year later the company went belly-up. Glad it did, or I never would have found MC...

* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1

chuckly

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 06:55:41 pm »

Yes! It was MMJB. Thanks for reminding me,

Chuck

DarkPenguin

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 06:59:51 pm »

Coming from MMJB to MC is like stepping off a bicycle with a flat tire and squatting a hi-zoot motorcycle.

I paid around $70 for MMJB almost 8 years ago for its "lifetime upgrade" promise. A year later the company went belly-up. Glad it did, or I never would have found MC...

I bought MMJB way early on and stopped using it about 5 years before Yahoo! shut em down.  Almost enough to put me off digital music.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 08:39:00 am »

Anyone want to post a screenshot or something of MMJB?  I'm curious and don't see a lot on a google search.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 09:58:52 am »

I actually never bought MMJB.  I remember I tried it a few times but it could never successfully import my music library (which was a tiny fraction of the size it is now, but was big for that "era" I suppose).  Kept locking up.

I'm actually a refugee from Real Jukebox.  I used it for a long while (and purchased it) until they switched over to the horrid Real One.  For a long while I stuck with Real One, hating it every day, until JRiver's player finally got nice enough that I switched over.

Even back when I used Real Jukebox, I remember generally hating it... I kept trying JRiver MJ (starting with v6 I believe) because it got consistently high marks from the old CNet editors (back before they became the terrible corporate shills they are now).  But, for admittedly stupid design-focused reasons, I didn't make the full switch until much later on when the look and feel of MJ was redesigned (v8 maybe).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 12:21:38 pm »

I'm actually a refugee from Real Jukebox.  I used it for a long while (and purchased it) until they switched over to the horrid Real One.  For a long while I stuck with Real One, hating it every day, until JRiver's player finally got nice enough that I switched over.

Me too... although there was much to hate about Real Jukebox, conceptually it had some nice ideas for the time.  Real One was way to much for my machine at the time.

Moving to MJ and then MC was a huge improvement.

benn600

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 03:36:34 pm »

I too used Real Jukebox and all that stuff including when it was RealOne.  I hated the installer for the RealOne product and it was definitely a horrible product but was the best that I could find at the time.  Later I used iTunes for a year or so and hated it even more and more as time went on.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 04:55:04 am »

I kept trying JRiver MJ (starting with v6 I believe)
ah yes... I remember those days (possibly before v6?) .. "the one that plays it all!"

Took me a while to figure out the benefits of the DB based media management (I can be a tad dense), and when I did... pffft there was nothing that compared.

benn600

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 08:39:47 am »

All those other players were handed, oh, perhaps 13K or fewer files that were horribly inaccurate with bad tags, incomplete info, etc.  Media Center made my library worth more.  It's like: crap player, crap library.  But then I knew MC would look at my pile of junkie music and cold stare at me.  From that point on, I rebuilt my library with the utmost quality standards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up